Author Topic: Mainframe to Server data  (Read 2660 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
Mainframe to Server data
« on: May 07, 2013, 03:32:26 AM »
MOST of our reports currently loading to CMOD are run on the mainframe and then are sent to CMOD server using ARSLOAD....The reports use ACIF indexing...I've attached an example of a file name when it comes to the CMOD server...As indicated, they use ACIF indexer and the data file has mainframe carriage control..We are using Channel 1 (top of page) for Trigger 1 to go off of for indexing...The user is now asking of they can send the file from server to server and bypass the mainframe...My question is, what file format would they need to use so we can keep the same indexing (ie Recognize channel 1 carriage control?...Currently the only files we are indexing that come server to server or PDF's where we first run them through the "wizard"...Any ideas?

JJeffrey

Re: Mainframe to Server data
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 06:50:15 AM »
Don't know if this is relevant to your situation but we have a set of applications that sftp from z/linux (MF server) to the CMOD servers. The input data is line data using the ACIF indexer and they (the originator) must convert the line (text) data to EBCDIC before sending to CMOD. I think there is a Channel 1 character in the input or at least there used to be when this input was coming from the mainframe.