Author Topic: Deletion of "never expired" defined documents OnD 8.5  (Read 1799 times)

ojoerge1

Deletion of "never expired" defined documents OnD 8.5
« on: March 24, 2015, 05:53:42 AM »
Hi all
Anyone for some ideas of this scenario:

Having a small z/OS 1.12 OnD 8.5 running with appl groups all defined never expire and the OAM handled storage groups also untouchable, no retension period defined.  Customer now asks for deletion of documents (afp) older than 3 yrs, not only in OnD, but the actual data objects also, releasing space on disks, pls dont ask why.
I was thinking of defining a new applgroup with a 3yrs exp. date same as for a new OAM handled stor.grp, and add this to the folder used, leave it at that. - Wait for 3 yrs and delete all the old stuff.
Can I do it like that ?

What is an easy way of deleting the old data, do I need to do it by loadid deletion ?

Sorry for these not-that-experienced questions... hope for some ideas.

Greg Ira

• View Profile
Re: Deletion of "never expired" defined documents OnD 8.5
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 07:55:49 AM »
For starters, yes, I would define a new applgroup with a 3 year retention and add that to the folder.  Since you never expired by OAM before I would double check that the delete parts are defined (OAM Delete table and trigger for OAM deletes).

Naturally working through OnDemand with the unload command is the preferred direction to delete data, especially with AFP since your dealing with resources.  It shouldn't be too difficult to build a stack of load-ids from older loads and run the unload command in batch(sample below).  We have used the OAM  OSREQ DELETE command before, for a particular issue,but that works "behind the scenes" and requires careful cleanup afterwards. I wouldn't recommend it if it can be avoided.

Sample batch unload:
//ARSAD002 EXEC PGM=ARSADMIN,REGION=0M,TIME=NOLIMIT,
//        PARM=('unload -h OND23T -g FM0002   -u ULOAD23T -p xxxxxxxx
//              -L 6100-71-0-126FAA-14901-14901       ')
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=IBM.ONDV85.SARSLOAD
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=ONDDODP.V10.SDSNEXIT
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=ONDDODP.V10.SDSNLOAD
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=IBM.ONDV85.ACIF.SAPKMOD1
//ARSBIN   DD PATH='/usr/lpp/ars/V8R5M0/bin'
//SYSOUT   DD DISP=OLD,DSN=DSYS.DOL.WSYS.ONDEMAND.SYSOUT