Author Topic: Adding many applications to existing application group  (Read 3007 times)

kader

Adding many applications to existing application group
« on: April 07, 2015, 09:18:49 AM »
Hi There,

I'm facing the issue to add another application to existing application group "An application cannot be added to the selected application group". Searching in IBM Infocenter I found that I need to create a new application group with fields of application id defined first and I cannot do it for existing application group that wasn't defined with these fields. My question for you guys is how I can do that in production environment: create a new application group and import on it the old application group? I'll appreciate if you can provide me a step by step to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Kader

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding many applications to existing application group
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 10:41:41 AM »
Well that's not entirely true. You can either add a new field and select it as "Application ID" field, or simply promote one existing field as "Application ID" by clicking the checkbox.

And then, you are able to create all the application you want for this application group.

Please test it in Test before doing anything in prod.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

kader

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »
Great. You are right  Alessandro. I just did it as explained and it works (in DEV of course).
Many thanks  Alessandro for prompt reply.

Kader

kader

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:12:32 AM »
Hi folks,

After adding two Applications to Application Group, how I specify in which Application the ingestion goes for ARSLOAD?

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 08:06:39 AM »
It depends on how you are loading.  You need to specify in your ARSLOAD command what value to use for the application.  This can be done in multiple ways, either by directly specifying it with the -a <appliation> parameter, or pull it from the WRITER, MVS, JOBNAME, DATASET, or FORM field by specifying -A <value> parameter. 
Can you show us your ARSLOAD command?

kader

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 08:36:09 AM »
Ah okay. I see. I'll specify it with -a parameter.
Here is my arsload command:

/usr/lpp/ars/bin/arsload -I $ARCHIVE -2 1 -X G -f -g $AG -a  $A  $ARS_HOME/${file%.*}

Thanks

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 01:45:32 AM »
Ah okay. I see. I'll specify it with -a parameter.
Here is my arsload command:

/usr/lpp/ars/bin/arsload -I $ARCHIVE -2 1 -X G -f -g $AG -a  $A  $ARS_HOME/${file%.*}

Thanks

Yup, except that you don't need to explicitly need to use the option "-X G", because arsload will automatically use the settings in the Application itself. The usage of -X is only to override the application default settings (mainly used for migration purpose).
Meaning that you can simplify your arsload like that:

/usr/lpp/ars/bin/arsload -I $ARCHIVE -2 1 -f -g $AG -a  $A  $ARS_HOME/${file%.*}

Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML