Author Topic: ODFolder.duplicateHit() and mapping of application group fields to folder  (Read 1971 times)

TTP4RFGrL3Ki

Hi all!

I have a problem using the method duplicateHit() of the class ODFolder using the Java API.
It works fine if all application group fields are mapped to folder fields however if not all fields are mapped I get this message:
"The database field 'loadDate' was not found in the application group or it was not mapped to a folder field."

The specification says for the array of values: "An array of values. These values will be used for the new index values stored to the OD Database. See ODFolder.getStoreDocFields(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) for the ordering of this array. The values in this array must be specified in the same order as those returned from the ODFolder.getStoreDocFields(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) method, and all values must be specified."

This suggests that if all fields returned by getStoreDocFields() are passed to duplicateHit() (which I did) everything's fine.

So the main question is: Does duplicateHit() actually work only if all application group fields are mapped to the folder? If yes, is this a bug? If no, what could be wrong in my code?

Thanks for any helpful response!
Andreas