Author Topic: CMOD adobe acrobat (AcroExch.App rc = -214722105) could not be loaded  (Read 8638 times)

abdeshpa

Hi,

I have 2 versions of OnDemand installed with me.
1) 8.5.0.6 - is installed on my machine ( which is giving the error CMOD adobe acrobat (AcroExch.App rc = -214722105) could not be loaded while trying to retrieve PDF files)
2) while 8.5.0.5 is installed on a remote desktop from where I can retrieve the same PDF without any errors.

Please help

Thanks
abdeshpa

abdeshpa

I dont have the arspdf32 folder in the IBM OnDemand 32 installed files, I've already tried the option that was given http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21211278, and copying the arspdf32 file to the plugins.

kaps100

This issue is due to windows clients installed prior to Adobe Acrobat. I had same issues and I uninstalled and installed back windows clients. Its works now.

abdeshpa

Hi,

I already had tried the same but it didn't work.
The reason I figured out was different.
while installing the CMOD, the pdf folder was not installed in the package and hence the pdf reports will not open until the PDF folder is also installed with CMOD under the IBM32 folder(C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\OnDemand32\PDF).

To find an alternative, i simply changed my view information tab in the application and made the type as - user defined and gave extension as pdf.
The reports are now opening properly.

thanks for the response!

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CMOD adobe acrobat (AcroExch.App rc = -214722105) could not be loaded
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 02:35:11 PM »
Hi,

while installing the CMOD, the pdf folder was not installed in the package and hence the pdf reports will not open until the PDF folder is also installed with CMOD under the IBM32 folder(C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\OnDemand32\PDF).

To find an alternative, i simply changed my view information tab in the application and made the type as - user defined and gave extension as pdf.

thanks for the response!

Bumping this back to life as I just came across this issue for the first time in almost 2 years.

FYI- It is setup as User defined (PDF)

Correct me if I am wrong, but you must place arspdf32 within C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\OnDemand32\PDF to resolve this error? or is it plugins (not PDF's)..

ONE last thing- the user is using Acrobat 7

Thanks all!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:53:02 PM by jsquizz »
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

Maciej Mieczakowski

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 01:18:58 AM »
Generally arspdf32.api needs to be copied from mentioned original location "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\OnDemand32\PDF" to ../Adobe/plug-ins directory (for instance C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\plug_ins) where it's invoked when needed. But as far I understand the document  retrieval request invokes the ARSPDF32.API OLE control to interface to Adobe Acrobat. That's why you need to have Adobe Standard or Professional as Adobe Reader does not have OLE interface included.
In case your app is configured as "user defined PDF", then the whole retrieval is handled out of client. SO the application that is assigned to handle pdf files in system does the job then, so this api is not needed in that case at all and it can work with Adobe Reader.

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 06:04:51 AM »
Could this issue be caused by a very old version of acrobat?

Maciej Mieczakowski

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 10:48:23 PM »
Hard to say...have you tried to install Adobe and CMOD client once again? It's worth to check how many Adobe products end use have and get rid of some if are not needed. In most scenario it fix the issue. Sometimes it's hard to find out the root cause.

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 06:30:22 AM »
I did some more homework and determined that this is only happening on the backup side of the house. It's setup as Datatype PDF, whereas in production it's user defined, with extension PDF and it works fine.

Does anyone know if I make the environments equal if it will fix the issue.

abdeshpa

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 03:42:31 AM »
Hi,

thanks for the response!

Bumping this back to life as I just came across this issue for the first time in almost 2 years.

FYI- It is setup as User defined (PDF)

Correct me if I am wrong, but you must place arspdf32 within C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\OnDemand32\PDF to resolve this error? or is it plugins (not PDF's)..

ONE last thing- the user is using Acrobat 7

Thanks all!

Yes, you are right. it is the arspdf 32 plugin that needs to be copied.
The acrobat version was 9.

Thanks
AD

abdeshpa

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 10:48:08 PM »
I am now facing this issue while opening a sample pdf via report wizard and not while retrieving the report.
Can anybody help?
I have tried installing the OD after getting ACROBAT READER installed.

OD version - 8.5.0.6

Thanks
AD

abdeshpa

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 03:49:39 AM »
I am now facing this issue while opening a sample pdf via report wizard and not while retrieving the report.
Can anybody help?

OD version - 8.5.0.6

Thanks
AD

I also copied the asrpdf32 api in the plug in directory in the adobe folder.
but now when trying to open normal pdf files, i am getting the below error -
"Invalid plugin detected. Adobe reader will quit"
I have copied under c:/pgmfile(*86)/adobe/reader9.0/reader/plugins/
still getting the error.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 01:19:57 AM »
Can anybody help?

OD version - 8.5.0.6

Thanks
AD

I also copied the asrpdf32 api in the plug in directory in the adobe folder.
but now when trying to open normal pdf files, i am getting the below error -
"Invalid plugin detected. Adobe reader will quit"
I have copied under c:/pgmfile(*86)/adobe/reader9.0/reader/plugins/
still getting the error.

You CANNOT use Acrobat Reader with CMOD and the plugin stuff... it MUST be Acrobat Standard version or professional version... the paying version in order words...
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML