Author Topic: OS390 indexer  (Read 6230 times)

Greg Ira

• View Profile
Re: OS390 indexer
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 08:56:25 AM »
Correct.  If host, install directories, and other information changes you will need to modify those ars.ini files.
Just to reiterate.  The name resolved by the -h parm in your proc should match the name specified in the @SRV@ line of the ars.ini on the mainframe.  You have a lot of version names in your paths as well.  Make sure you note which, if any, of those change when you upgrade and modify those paths accordingly in all your config files and JCL.

DDP021

• View Profile
Re: OS390 indexer
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 09:05:17 AM »
Thanks Greg..From what I'm being told, the DB2 database name will not be changed when the upgrade occurs...We are told the HOST name though will be changing from XSA00E70.  So when that does occur, our engineers on the CMOD side will need to do their change as well as the mainframe guys side....As I indicated, my group are just the ADMINS for CMOD...We do new setup for Applications as well as any changes to APPLICATION GROUPS, APPLICATONS and FOLDERS...Also defined users and accesses...I'm just trying to do some digging so I can pass the information on to the needed groups...There sometimes is a conflict with mainframe and distributed folks as far as one saying its on the others side...haha...I can't thank you enough for all your valuable input!...Learned a whole lot today on how this whole OS390 process works just from going back and forth with you!!!!

Take care!

Dave