Author Topic: issue in CMOD 9.5 exporting users end up missing groups  (Read 2446 times)

bruce.mchendry

• View Profile
issue in CMOD 9.5 exporting users end up missing groups
« on: February 07, 2017, 01:41:45 PM »
Hi,
I'm opening a PMR but wondering if anyone has had this issue. When we export users between environments we need to do a couple steps.  First the export will come back saying it failed. If you go the user ID ( right click and go to "update"), open it, do nothing except click ok and then do the export again it will work the second time. Even though it will go if you go to the new instance that was exported and go to "update" and take a look it hasn't exported the user's groups. You would have to manually add those again. We had upgraded from v9.0.0.3  recently to 9.5.0.4 and that's when the issue started. It was working in the lower version.
Cheers,
Bruce McHendry
Bruce McHendry
Business Systems Consultant

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: issue in CMOD 9.5 exporting users end up missing groups
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 02:14:59 PM »
Are you exporting all the components in the correct order (like AGs, Folders, Users, Groups)?

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

bruce.mchendry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:37:14 PM »
Hi,
We have Stage as a mirror of Production so this is just a user export. We often get requests to add development people where we copy and existing user for access, create the new user then export that user. It was working fine in 9.0.0.3
Cheers
Bruce McHendry
Business Systems Consultant

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 04:21:42 AM »
I would go with 9.5.0.7 and not 9.5.0.4, since there are lots of corrections done.
I also don't understand why you are using 9.5.0.4, if you migrated "recently" to 9.5, since 9.5.0.4 is nearly 14 month old... which is for CMOD really old...

I don't know exactly what is wrong between 9.0.0.3 and 9.5.0.4, but the error you are describing is strange, at first I would have said like Justin that you are exporting things in wrong order.

So except advising you to upgrade to 9.5.0.7 (normally the IBM Support will ask you that), and since you have already open a PMR, I have no idea what could cause such error :-/
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML