Author Topic: Full report browse option in ICN  (Read 4115 times)

Siva

Full report browse option in ICN
« on: September 01, 2016, 04:21:20 AM »
Hi,

Could anyone please advise, if Content navigator supports full report browse option. I could see the full report browse option in CMOD after providing proper permission but am not sure if ICN will work in same way.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 05:52:20 AM by Siva »

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Full report browse option in ICN
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 07:12:03 AM »
Hi,

Could anyone please advise, if Content navigator supports full report browse option. I could see the full report browse option in CMOD after providing proper permission but am not sure if ICN will work in same way.

Thanks,
Sudhagar S

Hi Siva,

I know this is possible, because I've seen it in some CMOD workshops.... but to be honest I've never been able to activate it.... maybe I'm missing something... if somebody knows... please step forward!
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Nolan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 02:09:41 PM »
I don't believe it does exist.  I think what they demo is using full text search to accomplish the same thing.  The issue is that if you historical data, the full text search is not available until you re archive the data.   I think I asked for a tool to go back an rebuild the required indexes for the full text search but I don't believe it is available.  At least this is what I remember.  :)
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »
I don't believe it does exist.  I think what they demo is using full text search to accomplish the same thing.  The issue is that if you historical data, the full text search is not available until you re archive the data.   I think I asked for a tool to go back an rebuild the required indexes for the full text search but I don't believe it is available.  At least this is what I remember.  :)

Wrong Wrong Wrong

You don't need to rearchive your data... that would be crazy! You know that some customers have Exabytes of data in CMOD??? and you want them to re-archive their data??? IBM is sometimes crazy, but for that... nope...

What you need to do, is to define which documents needs to be full text searched, and then CMOD will extract and add the document in the Full Text Search server.

You have some function to add a document to the full text searchable, and you need to use that functionality of arsdoc

Add a document for full text search

Code: [Select]
arsdoc fti_add ...
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQHWE_9.5.0/com.ibm.ondemand.administeringzos.doc/doddo016.htm

Release a document from full text search

Code: [Select]
arsdoc ftp_release ...
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQHWE_9.5.0/com.ibm.ondemand.administeringzos.doc/doddo017.htm

If you want to understand the whole process, my advice would be to read that document:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21606305
https://www-01.ibm.com/events/wwe/grp/grp006.nsf/vLookupPDFs/Full%20Text%20Indexing/$file/Full%20Text%20Indexing.pdf

I hope that helps understanding what is that option of CMOD, and dispell some misconceptions...

Regards,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML