Author Topic: question regarding Application Groups in multiple folders  (Read 2454 times)

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
    • SYSBLOX , AIX consultancy
question regarding Application Groups in multiple folders
« on: February 10, 2017, 05:30:46 AM »
Goodday all.

I have an action where i need to delete data from Content Manager OnDemand.
I want to delete complete folders. But i know for sure that i have multiple folders with the same AG mapped.
So when i delete a folder , it can wipe out the complete AG ?

I want to make a DB2 query which shows me this relationships between AG's en Folders. Possibly with some kind of join between 2 tables?
I have recognized several ondemand tables beginning with ARS..... but i cannot find 1 table with all my desired information in that.

Showing this from the adminstrator is also no option for me because i have around 500 Folders and 900 Application Groups

Is there someone who already have done this kind of db2 query and want to share this with me?

Thx.

Kind regards,

Michel.

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: question regarding Application Groups in multiple folders
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 07:53:46 AM »
Hi Michel,

I remember doing something like this a few yaers ago..A db2 query against the folder, that matched up with the AGID of the app group. But .. I think that this can be done by scripting/perl with ARSXML..I've thought of this for a while just never had the time to do it.

Please chime in everyone!
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

ronankivr

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 01:31:16 PM »
Hi Michel,

I am not very clear about your question. If you are deleting folder object  it will not affect underlying AG's. If you are deleting content in folder lets say by arsdoc delete it will delete the content in AG based on criteria defined. If  content in AG is deleted, changes will be reflected in all folders where ever that AG is mapped.

Please note that arsdoc delete only metadata not actual objects.

To get the app groups name present in a folder you can use below SQL

select name from arsag where agid in (select agid from arsag2fol where fid=(select fid from arsfol where name='Folder Name'))

Hoe this helps!

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
    • SYSBLOX , AIX consultancy
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 01:55:12 PM »
thanks Ronan.

You are right. my question was not very clear. First i will try your query , and if i still have questions i will update this thread.

kind regards

michel.