Author Topic: CMOD Server Page Size too big AIX  (Read 1487 times)

n.prelhaz

• View Profile
CMOD Server Page Size too big AIX
« on: April 02, 2019, 05:16:12 PM »
Hello,

We are on AIX, using CMOD 9.5.0.4, DB2 10.5, TSM 6.4, using a custom Exit (to login in our ldap server and no malloc is used).
We are using also ODWEK on a Tomcat server, and we also use arsload from time to time to load up files.

We are experiencing a huge page size on the arssockd process (currently using 7GB of mem and page size). It's consuming a lot of memory after 1/2 months, which requires us the need to reboot.
Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this?

Could it be from connections in ODWEK/Tomcat? We are using a pool of max 10 ODServer, it should be working fine to logon, logoff and terminate.

Thanks in advance

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CMOD Server Page Size too big AIX
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 04:09:26 AM »
Hello,

I don't know exactly what could be the problem. My first impression is that you are using a quite old version of CMOD (V9.5.0.4 is 3 years old 2016-02-18).
Have you tried to upgrade to the latest FP? the latest on V9.5 is FP12.

you are talking about "arssockd", so it means that it has nothing to do with your tomcat.
Except if your java app in tomcat is using a lot of connections, and are doing tons of transactions.

Now, you say that you have some custom security exit. Maybe the problem could be related to that part. Maybe your code does not use malloc, or any allocation whatsoever, BUT you are using I suppose some third-party libraries:
- Does the libraries are 100% without memory leak?
- Does the libraries allows concurrent run?
- Do you open and close each connection in a sane and proper way?
- Do you use it only for login, or do you use it also for the other actions in the security exit?

There might be other questions, but from your descriptions, and without updating to the latest FP, this is where my internal alarm is ringing... security exits.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML