Author Topic: list of msg num on system log CMOD  (Read 8837 times)

plb3945

list of msg num on system log CMOD
« on: August 11, 2010, 10:46:02 PM »
Hello,
I can't find informations about the list of message number located in system log (exemple 87 load successfull). Could you help me and send me the complete list of message number (msg num)?.
Thanks. Best regards. Philippe

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: list of msg num on system log CMOD
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 05:55:35 AM »
Hi Phillippe...

There used to be a short and handy reference table, but that doesn't seem to have been created for more recent versions of CMOD.  I believe that the contents of the System Log should be the same regardless of which platform you're on -- but someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

There is a 'Messages and Codes' document -- the numbers in the error codes (ie, ARS0013E) indicates the problem is with OnDemand (ARS) and has message number 13 (from the System Log) and is an error (E).

You can find the Messages and Codes docs for Multiplatforms at:
http://www-05.ibm.com/e-business/linkweb/publications/servlet/pbi.wss?CTY=US&FNC=SRX&PBL=SC27-1379-08

Hope this helps!

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

plb3945

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 02:42:24 AM »
Hi,
Thank you for your documentation about message and codes but i can't find my information inside it.
I would like to know the list of msg num you can write in the system log of thick client.
Exemple: 87 load successfull, 30 login, etc...
Those number are used to do a request, they are not error messages.
Thanks for your help
Philippe

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 04:19:56 AM »
Hello Philippe,

I really don't know how you can say that the documentation of Justin don't have what you need?

So you won't find

87: Load Successful

But you will find
        ARS0087I
with a lot of explanation

Page 16

ARS0087I
ApplGroup Load: Name(appl_grp_name) LoadId(load_id) File(file) InputSize(input_size) OutputSize(output_size)

Explanation: A report was loaded into the system. The message identifies the application group, the input file, and the load ID. This message is for your information only.

Example:
ApplGroup Load: Name(MOSUNPO) LoadId(5535-2-0-1FAA-12349-12349) File(/QIBM/USERDATA/ONDEMAND/QUSROND/ TMP/SP_MOSUNPO_WTH7HTWCXA_DBRYANT_064315_000009_RDR400M_1031023_210136) InputSize(225789) OutputSize(16380)

User response: No action is required.

I am sorry to say that, but if you need something specific for your needs, then you need to create it from the documentation available, like to have an excel file with just the info you need, would be to extract the text you want from this file and format it in your own way.

That is maybe not the answer you want, but that is the only one I can give you.
The other would be to do the job for you, but then... I will need to be paid for doing this extract/formatting job!  ;D

Just one more info, if you add field mapping for the msg number, then you won't be able to use the sql operator "IN" or "NOT IN", which is really helpful, especially if you need to have all the messages between 80 and 90 with the message 128.
Sometimes as admin we need such powerful search, and by doing field mapping, you're out of luck.

One additional point would be that IBM is upgrading from time to time the "System Log" folder, and all changes you're doing maybe lost after an upgrade.

Very kind regards,
Alessandro
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 04:25:03 AM by AlessandroPerucchi »
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

LWagner

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
Late, but,

I updated my system log defaults to add more operator choices, and made msgnum 88 and msgtext default double "%" with our most commonly searched application group, but to NOT LIKE and the timestamp as equal to todays date. Since we just went live, I can checked for failed apps that need repair.

Update values as to be most useful with minimal change.