Author Topic: Masking the default date  (Read 3258 times)

rajeshmutha

Masking the default date
« on: May 16, 2011, 06:40:07 AM »
Hi,
Anyone try tried masking the incoming ODWEK call to update the Metadata before it actually hits the CMOD?

For eg: we have some front ends that searches the documents by default Max year 2099 since CMOD handle dates till 2059, is it possible to change the year value from 2099 to 2059 before it query CMOD??

Thanks,
Regards

pankaj.puranik

Re: Masking the default date
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 06:40:56 AM »
I think it's better that the front end apps should implement a fix before calling ODWEK APIs.
I don't know of any way to change the search criteria after the ODWEK call.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Masking the default date
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 12:04:30 AM »
Hello,

Be careful, because CMOD used the numbers of days since 1/1/1970 as a representation of dates. So, if you enter the year as 2099, then ODWEK will automatically refuse the data 2099.
If you enter 99 (as for 2099), then CMOD will think 1999, and then in that case, you won't be able in the query to check that the user did a query with 1999 or 2099.

So I'm not sure in your case, but you can try with the "Permission User Exit", you'll need to parse the sql used to make the query, and change the SQL.

So as Pankaj said, better to change the front end with a fix...

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML