Author Topic: ODWEK 8.5 ODAPI with OnDemand Server v7?  (Read 7384 times)

RizwanK

ODWEK 8.5 ODAPI with OnDemand Server v7?
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:03:08 AM »
Stated here is my problem and background:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com/ibm/edms/od/ArsWWWInterface.apiInitializeNative(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;ZLcom/ibm/edms/od/ODServer;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;ZLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;CLcom/ibm/edms/od/ArsWWWResult;)J
at com.ibm.edms.od.ArsWWWInterface.initializeNative(ArsWWWInterface.java:45)
at com.ibm.edms.od.ODServer.initialize(ODServer.java:134)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1345)

I have followed precise directions to include the location of the odapi.jar and the directory where ODWEK is installed to ensure that Websphere can pick up the native libraries. I am still getting this error. To illustrate i have the location included in my windows "PATH" environment variable. I have a websphere system property "java.library.path" which has the location of the native libraries needed for ODAPi. I have the classpath for websphere set to include the location of the ODAPI.jar and location of ODWEK install.

From implementation perspective, i already have previously implemented the ODapi that came with ODWEK version 7.1.2.9 and it is working fine with the OnDemand server 7. Now i want to upgrade my OnDemand Server to 8.*, but still use the old implementation (minus the .ini file which the ODServer obj. no longer supports). Is this even possible? or am i wasting my time? If it is possible then can someone point me in a direction?

Thanks.

Rizwan

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ODWEK 8.5 ODAPI with OnDemand Server v7?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:34:51 AM »
Hello Rizwan,

here is the compatibility matrix
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21392275

As you can see a server with CMOD 8.5, accepts clients (and ODWEK) from 7.1.2.8 -> 8.5
In theory you can with your application using ODWEK Api 7.1.2.9 connect to a server 8.5.

NOW. If you have an old implementation of ODWek API with the new ODWek API for 8.5 without any changes... it will not work.
You need for that to adapt the source code and recompile it.
So in that case, you might want to upgrade the server CMOD, and leave the ODWek to the version 7.1.2.9, until you have time to have to adapt to 8.5

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

RizwanK

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
Thanks much for the quick reply Alessandro.

I should've elaborated a bit more. My fault.

I have started making initial changes to my implementation of the api. I first started off by starting at the point where my DAO layer is "creating" a odserver object so that it can communicate with OD. At this place, when I use the new version of the initialize method "without specifying a arswww.ini" file, my initialize is failing, basically it doesn't create a odserver object. Without successfully creating a ODServer object, i can't implement or make changes to the rest of the implementation as subsequent calls make use of the server object (which causes a nullpointer exception as the server object was never created successfully).

I am basically trying to understand why i'm getting a UnsatisfiedLinkError at this stage. Below are my path and class path settings. Let me know if I need to make any changes to them.

Path: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;C:\Program Files\IBM\OnDemand Web Enablement Kit;C:\Program Files\IBM\OnDemand Web Enablement Kit\lib32

websphere (server.xml entries):
<systemProperties name="java.library.path" required="false" value="C:\Program Files\IBM\OnDemand Web Enablement Kit" xmi:id="Property_57686040"/>

<classpath>C:\Program Files\IBM\OnDemand Web Enablement Kit\</classpath>
      <classpath>C:\Program Files\IBM\OnDemand Web Enablement Kit\servlets</classpath>
      <classpath>${WORKSPACE}\Library\ODAPi.jar</classpath>

//end

Here WORKSPACE, points to my rad workspace. I am not using the servlet, but included it in classpath regardless.

Thanks.

Rizwan

javed.khan

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 05:17:35 AM »
check if the IBM Global Security Kit is installed correctly...