Author Topic: Windows install problem  (Read 3281 times)

mikec

Windows install problem
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:17:12 PM »
We're in the process of converting to CMOD.  The powers that be decided to outsource the install (AIX).  However, being the systems guy that I am, I wanted to be able to kick the tires myself, so this problem will be a good start.  I got ahold of a laptop (WIN7 pro) and began installing.  I've loaded up DB2, CMOD, and the windows clients.  My problem now is that the system log is not showing up in the application group, but I can create a new application group with no problem.  After the first time I set up the instance in the configurator, I've not been able to see the instance again.   I've initialized the log and I can see it in the AG table.  The libsrv task is also up and running.  So any help would be appreciated.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows install problem
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 02:29:25 AM »
Hello ,

normally on windows there is an option to create during the setup of a Cmod instance the "System Log".

If you didn't see it, no problem! You can create it afterwards. Open a Content Manager OnDemand shell (like a DOS terminal) and write the following command:

arssyscr -I <instance name> -l

you can also create a "System Load" with the following command

arssyscr -I <instance name> -a

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

mikec

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 07:30:00 AM »
I did both, during the install, and when that didn't work, I ran the command manually.  But, still can't see the log.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 12:25:13 PM »
Hello Mike,

can you cut/paste the error you get with the arssyscr command??

I'm surprised that it didn't work...

Did you had any problems when installing and configuring the CMOD Instance???

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

mikec

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »
I'm not getting any errors when I run the command.  I actually got a successful message.
Funny thing is that I can't see the instance in the configurator after I initially set it up.  Once I get out and back in, I can't see it.  I know it's there, the client can attach to the instance.  Don't know if it's related or not.