Author Topic: z/OS enhancements request  (Read 2597 times)

LWagner

z/OS enhancements request
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:52:37 AM »
enhancement request, or perhaps merely a "how to" within odwek.

CMOD on Z/OS seems to be able to command CPU resources beyond what is acceptable. It just grabs resources.

Yesterday, another business unit's application essentially caused a denial of service attack on our mainframe.  I finally guessed at the source and disabled the id the group was using.  The mainframe in general and CMOD both went from unresponsive or at best a few minutes response time, to instantly fast.

These transactions were going through ODwek, but that is supported by another team.  I need to be able to set a default transaction rate per user, and an individual transaction rate if a group id is used.  This would allow control of access and performance rates.

If this can be done through ODwek, please let me know and I will take it up with my in-house ODwek support

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: z/OS enhancements request
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 08:18:11 AM »
Isn't this more of a WLM problem?
#zOS #ODF

LWagner

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:24:58 AM »
We have service class as STCLOW.

Seems to be programmed to override.

LWagner

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:58:38 AM »
The problem is that if one ID is pouring in transactions, the ARSSOCKD process is not what needs limits, its the ID originating them which is hogging all resources.

And we never have other applications putting the same call on mainframe resources, so WLM grants them to ARSSOCKD.