Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Hi. certicate expired at spectrum protect (TSM) server, renewed it with this guide:
https://www.empalis.de/en/ibm-spectrum-protect-server-certificate-cert256arm-expired-troubleshooting-tips/
After that clients were able to connect to Spectrum, but Spectrum protects database (db2) backups failed.

errors:
tsmbgr log: ANS1579E GSKit function gsk_secure_soc_init failed with 406: GSK_ERROR_IO
activity log: ANR8599W The connection with S00030.tapiodmz01.fi:62300 failed due to an untrusted server certificate

so no connection in activity log with user:NODE:$$_TSMDBMGR_$$, which starts database backup

renewed also splicert files from Nodes\$$_TSMDBMGR_$$ folder

Have not found out what actual cert is backup using

thanks for answers

MP Server / Re: Disable users ability to change passwords
« Last post by jsquizz on March 25, 2024, 02:28:59 PM »
Thanks JD/RJRussel, this will come in handy.

Our client is asking if its possible also to do this within content navigator (until we roll out LDAP and they stop sharing accounts!!)

Thanks
« Last post by Justin Derrick on March 22, 2024, 07:39:23 AM »
« Last post by rjrussel on March 22, 2024, 07:04:23 AM »
look in the windows customization guide - There is a flag you can pass to start the client which will disable the change password option.
MP Server / Disable users ability to change passwords
« Last post by jsquizz on March 22, 2024, 06:55:26 AM »
Hi All, have a bit of a strange request.

I am working on a migration - And lots of best practices/basic practices arent being followed.

Currently - users are accessing CMOD via the thick client. They are using ONE account between multiple people which is very bad obviously.

One of their users questioned if its possible to "disable the ability to change passwords"

Our goal is to get them on to LDAP ASAP, so I am not sure if its worth pursuing much - but, I looked all over and I could have swore years ago i saw this setting.

has anybody ever done this?
MP Server / Re: Use of external filesystem for the Archive storage manager
« Last post by Darrell Bryant on March 20, 2024, 02:08:27 PM »
Which platform are you using?
Archived Storage Manager (ASM) is the native storage manager used by Content Manager OnDemand for i.
ASM supports NFS mounted drives for long term archive storage.
MP Server / Re: Use of external filesystem for the Archive storage manager
« Last post by Justin Derrick on March 20, 2024, 12:24:31 PM »
Hi.

It's best to use local storage for CMOD functions - database, transaction logs, cache filesystem, and temporary space for indexing and loading -- having these filesystems remote means that a network issue can bring your server down in ways that are hard to recover from.  I'd only use NFS for long term "secondary" storage.

-JD.
That's a big question.  :)

First, let me start with an unpopular truth:  Object servers are an obsolete idea. 

The architecture of CMOD was designed in the early 90's, when storage and bandwidth were exceedingly scarce and expensive - there were also very hard physical limits on how much storage you could connect to a single server.  The first CMOD server I was responsible for had 4 112Mhz CPUs, 512MB of RAM, 24GB of hard drives, and a 100GB tape library -- and it was one of the most powerful midrange systems in the company -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_RS/6000#Type_7013_and_7016 .

What should you do instead? 

Run a single CMOD server, and use any of the cloud-ish storage tech or Cheap and Deep filesystem storage.  Storage, CPU, Bandwidth...  All are relatively cheap.  The only remote loading you should be doing is PDFs on a Windows server.

-JD.
MP Server / Relation between CMOD Library Server and CMOD Object Server
« Last post by obaltus on March 20, 2024, 07:11:13 AM »
Hello

I was reading some documentation regarding distributed CMOD architecture where you have a library server and one or more object servers.
And a few questions came to mind for which I found no answer. Where should storage sets be defined? On the library server? Or on the Object Server? Or both?

I suppose that the main purpose of this type architecture is offloading the library server from the the load activities? And ARSLOAD is then executed on the Object Server? Am I right?

Thanks for your help,

Olivier
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10