Author Topic: Mapping Fonts  (Read 4617 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
Mapping Fonts
« on: March 12, 2013, 03:18:12 AM »
We are attempting to map some AFP fonts in ERR.This is due to the application using certain mainframe fonts that cause the data to overwrite over other data when viewed via the webi client in ERR..What we did was update the coded.fnt and csdef.fnt members under the /usr/lpp/ars/www/afp2pdf/font path with the new "User Defined"mappings..In our DEV environment, it works perfectly..But after moving the same files to PROD and loading the report, it appears the new mapping isn't being used..We're seeing the data being overwritten...Not sure what the issue could be...The files in question are exactly the same size in both DEV and PROD..It would just seem they are not being used...I did notice the RIGHTS are different..Not sure if that could be the problem or not...I've attached a screen shot of both DEV and PROD files...We are running version 1.0.4.0 webi in both PROD and DEV environments...Any ideas?

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
Re: Mapping Fonts
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 04:53:52 AM »
From what I can think as of now is that the font files (.pfm and .pfb) are missing in Prod.
You may want to check the font directory in Dev and compare it with what you have in Prod.

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 05:37:25 AM »
Thanks for the info...What directory are these font files contained?....When we tested in DEV, all we did was update the coded.fnt and csdef.fnt files contained in the /usr/lpp/ars/www/afp2pdf/font....We are thinking it maybe an ownership issue with the /usr/lpp/ars/www/afp2pdf/font directory..In DEV, it's set as ROOT...In PROD, ownership is set to our ADMIN user id (PODEP01)...

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:15:47 AM »
If it's not a permissions issue, please check the font directory specified in the options file in your afp2pdf.ini

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:38:36 AM »
We're still working on the permissions for this directory to get it changed to ROOT..In the meantime, I looked at the .ini file I believe you are referring to..(see attachment...It looks identical to the same one in our DEV environment...

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 08:16:33 AM »
Ok so this is having the default entries.
In that case look a tthe default FONT directory.

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 08:25:25 AM »
That would be the attached file you are referring to, correct?...If so, as you can see, the Owner is set to PODEP01 (our Admin id) and not ROOT...We are HOPING changing the aft2pdf directory (which also has the owner defined as PODEP01) to ROOT, it will allow the updated files to be used....

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 07:17:50 AM »
Well changing the Ownership to ROOT on the afp2psf folder and all associated files underneath (ie .fnt) didn't work...Still not picking up the new font mappings when viewing the document in webi ...We did see in our DEV environment the Owner for the .fnt files is listed at 2263..We've asked our engineers what/who that ID is and they say they don't know...I've attached a screen shot of the properties in DEV and prod for the .fnt files..We thought this would be a simple thing..Got it working in DEV, was signed off by the users and thought duplicating the same thing in PROD would give us the same results...Up until now, no one seems to know what the difference is...

kbsiva

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »
Hi,
  My two cents. It is generally a good idea to maintain the same ownership id:group across both dev/prod to avoid permission issues. Also check in your /etc/group , /etc/passwd to see if the id exists. Generally I have seen it in cases when there is a cross mounted file system between two servers A and B. The files are owned by an id say xyz on server B but the same id xyz is missing on Server A. Hence the server A does not know about the id and shows some number.

Thanks
Siva
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:20:12 PM by kbsiva »