Author Topic: Download button on WEBi  (Read 6612 times)

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
Download button on WEBi
« on: April 30, 2013, 01:44:10 AM »
Hi

On the hitlist screen, I see a download button, but on clicking it I get just the document metadata.
How can a user download document to desktop in WEBi?

Thanks
Pankaj.

demaya

Re: Download button on WEBi
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 06:19:39 AM »
I never found a switch to turn this on. TIFF and TXT you can download directly through the viewer. But you have no bulk download.

Even the IBM couldn't explain me how to switch it on. I stopped discussing this issue ...

Cheers

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 02:10:18 AM »
I have made the following entry (last line) in the arswww.ini.
Would this ensure that the TXT file would open in a notepad if I open it through WEBi.
Do I need to restart the webserver or CMOD?

Thanks
Pankaj.

demaya

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:07:11 AM »
Ohhh I think I know what you mean now.

The download-button is only for metadata-download so far I know.

You want to download the data through WEBi and don't want to view it with it?

Edit /opt/IBM/WEBi/config/ViewerConfig.xml (AIX) and change the item viewerMapping:
Code: [Select]
<viewerMapping contentType="application/binary" itemType="" serverType="" viewerName="browser" />

The codeword browser causes WEBi to forward the data to browser. And depending on what settings you have in browser the file will be presented to download. I made this setting to download a ZIP file through WEBi. After changing the viewerConfig.xml you have to restart WEBi.

Cheers

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 04:15:04 AM »
Not sure if this is something related to this or now...We have a few reports that have NUMBEROUS indexes (over 20)...WHen the user goes into Webi and checkmarrks  select indexes, clicks the DOWNLOAD but, they are prompted to either open or save a .csv file...When the open it, some of the index fields are either blank or in the wrong column...I've attached some screen shots to show what is happening...This seems to work fine via the THICK client...Just effecting Webi

demaya

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 06:25:21 AM »
That's exactly what I (tried to) explain(ed) ;-)

You can solve this through the setting of WEBi I mentioned above. But then you have to press view instead of download in WEBi.

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »
oh ok....I tried finding this on our server (via WINSCP)...

/opt/IBM/WEBi/config/ViewerConfig.xml

Is this starting from the ROOT directory?...When I start at ROOT, I go opt/IBM but don't see any listed for WEBi....

demaya

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 05:40:52 AM »
This should be the full path. Don't forget the starting / before opt. It depends where you installed your WEBi.  Standard is /opt/IBM/WEBi.

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 07:17:55 AM »
Thanks!....There in lies the answer to your statement, "Standard is /opt/IBM/WEBi"..Another area did the actual install of webi...I'm looking at our production server for CMOD...From Root, there is an OPT then and IBM folder, but after that, not finding a WEBI folder..Only a db2,ITM, ldap, sysmgtlib and Tivoli...But just to confirm, if I do find this directory, what do I change the word "browser" to within the ViewerConfig.xml?...You mentioned you changed yours to a ZIP file???...In doing that, what changes when selecting the DOWNLOAD button?...Currently when doing that, the user is prompted to either OPEN or SAVE a .csv file...As indicated, when the report has numerous indexes the column headings (ie indexes) and their associated values,  either are blank or get misaligned even after manually adjusting the column widths...I've attached an example and documented it RED two columns that are having this issue...I had to change it ti XLS from the original CSV attachment..

demaya

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 10:56:31 PM »
What I described is the way to save documents. You attached the index data.

My way is for saving documents or let the browser decide what to do with this document (TIFF, PDF, ZIP,...). You try to download the index-/metadata of the document. If I understood right you have the problem that your metadata is not saved properly to the csv? If this happens it would be the best to open an PMR (my opinion).

Sorry if I confused you - I'm no native speaker :)

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 12:18:21 AM »
Ok got it.
But now I have a problem.

Assumint that I change
<viewerMapping contentType="text/plain" itemType="" serverType="" viewerName="browser" />
to
<viewerMapping contentType="text/plain" itemType="" serverType="" viewerName="notepad" />

I will also have to make an entry in the <viewerDefList> section.
<viewerDef viewerName="browser" launchUrl="docUrl" />

So it would look something like

<viewerDef viewerName="notepad" launchUrl="????" />

Now what should be the launchUrl?

Thanks
Pankaj.

demaya

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 11:45:46 PM »
Mhhhm is notepad a viewer deployed by IBM or is it the notepad that you want to open on the client?

This XML is only for WEBi-internals: should I open it inline (Line data viewer, PDF viewer or tiff viewer) or should I give the document the browser and let him decide.

The last one is completely configured on the client operating system / browser.

Cheers