Poll

I have indexed the the report file but am not able to load in the DB

Indexing the report file
0 (0%)
Exporting the data into the DataBase
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Export the indexed data into the database  (Read 8916 times)

SunnyManeeth

Export the indexed data into the database
« on: June 24, 2013, 09:52:05 PM »
Hi Team,

I have indexed a report file and am able to see the search criteria UI, but the thing is when am entering the values provided in the search criteria am getting the error that "NO DOCUMENTS MEETS THE SEARCH CRITERIA", and when i checked it in the DB the indexed parameters are not affected in the DB, i think i have done a mistake in exporting the data to DB(am using the SQL SERVER 2008 R2).

can anybody help on this...

Thanks in Advance :)

Stephen McNulty

• View Profile
Re: Export the indexed data into the database
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:22:36 AM »
you may have a permissions problem with the userid you are searching with.  make sure that is has permissions to access the application group.
#ISERIES #ODWEK #XML

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:00:19 AM »
Are you actually loading the data?  What's the output from arsload look like?  Are you using the -i option with arsload?

Also, this post was created as a poll which doesn't make a lot of sense -- please use the 'Post a New Topic' button instead of the 'Post a new Poll" button.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

SunnyManeeth

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 11:36:57 PM »
you may have a permissions problem with the userid you are searching with.  make sure that is has permissions to access the application group.

I have the all the access permissions, there is no problem in the permission rights,

SunnyManeeth

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 11:43:18 PM »
Are you actually loading the data?  What's the output from arsload look like?  Are you using the -i option with arsload?

Also, this post was created as a poll which doesn't make a lot of sense -- please use the 'Post a New Topic' button instead of the 'Post a new Poll" button.

-JD.

I have done the indexing, but i dont know how to load the data and how to work on with the arsload. can u plzz help me on this

Next time i will check it when am creating the new post

Thank You :)

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 11:50:41 PM »
Hello Sunny,

:-) Well, maybe it should be good to ask one of your colleagues that knows CMOD to help you with an introduction with it... or follow a training!

How can you say that you have indexed the data? How did you do it?

Now how to load a document... try to look at the command: arsload, and try to see if you understand how it works.
For that you will need some knowledge of Application Group and Application, and make sure to load them correctly in them.

If you want more useful help in this forum, may I ask you to tell us a bit more in details?

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

SunnyManeeth

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 02:35:28 AM »
Hi Alessandro,
Thanks for the reply,

Our Team is the First Team to work on CMOD in my Company so that's why we are not getting any help from our colleagues.

I have loaded the data by using the Report Wizard and i have indexed the data and i can see the indexed data in the Data Base(Sql Server 2008) also but i cant see the APPLICATION GROUP IDENTIFIER name table in the Data Base and can't able to load the data into the data.

Yeah Alessandro, you can ask me

Thank You,
Sunny :)

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »
Hi Sunny,

:-) so if you have done the work through the wizard, then what you have at the end is the definition in CMOD.
And normally no document are "archived" in CMOD.

for that you need to use the command "arsload".

Basically:

Code: [Select]
arsload -h CMOD_instance -u username -p password -nvf -g applicationgroupname -a application file_to_be_loaded
If you look in the database, as apparently, is what you are doing :-D you have the table "arsag" and in this table you have the field "name", this is the name you must use with the option -g of the command arsload.
When a document is loaded into CMOD, it will create a new table, and the table name can be found in the table arsseg. In this table you have the field "agid", you can do the cross reference with the field "agid" in the arsag table with your application group.
So back to the table arsseg, there you can do a "select table_name from arsseg where agid in (select agid from arsag where name='MyFirstApplicationGroup')"
where "MyFirstApplicationGroup" is the name you gave to the application group.

So if the select gives you something back, then you have some data in CMOD. and you can look at the table which came back (eg: BAA1) -> select count(*) from baa1.
If you receive nothing, it means that you have NO data archived for this application group.

Does that answer a little bit your question?

Concerning helps from colleagues... well to be the first is not easy :-( who did your installation of CMOD in your company? Can't you ask them?
I'm quite shocked to see that you're left in the blue without any explanation of the product. That's not a difficult product to learn, but if you have no people to show first, it can be quite confusing.

My first advice, if you cannot ask for a training shortly... then is to read the documentation:

at least the first part of this one: http://www.elink.ibmlink.ibm.com/publications/servlet/pbi.wss?CTY=US&FNC=SRX&PBL=SC19-3351-00
and this redbook is really nicely done, it is a bit old, but still ok for most of the topics: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246915.html

Then you have the whole documentation in CMOD website (Infocenter) http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cmod/v9r0m0/index.jsp
and the offline version in PDF : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=129&uid=swg27022033#docs

I hope what I've given you will help you a little bit to understand CMOD, and load the first document inside.
If not, ask, and if possible just give us as much details as you can, so we can help you in this first phase.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

SunnyManeeth

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 02:53:06 AM »
Hi Alessandro Perucchi :)
Thanks a lot for the reply

I will follow the things what You have said and i will work on the arsload that what u have given .
I go through the links that you have given me...  :)

Thanks You

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »
Hi Sunny

Report Whizard is just assists you in creating the CMOD configuration objects like Application Group, Application, Folder, etc.
It doesnot index the report. It is kind of a template to index the report.

The actual indexing will happen when you give an input to CMOD using the arsload command with the correct parameters.
Depending on the indexer you use, it will generate .ind, .out and .res files.

IBM redbooks is a good starting point for you.
If your company is an SI partner with IBM, you might me able to get access to the IBM training portal.
It has some good stuff there for beginners.

Thanks
Pankaj.

SunnyManeeth

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 04:25:11 AM »
Hi pankaj,
Thanks u for the reply,

Pankaj i created the Application Group Name and the Application Group till that it is working fine and when it comes to work with the arsload am not able to execute it properly.

can u please provide any info about this like Screen Shots how to run the arsload.

Thank You

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »
Alessandro alredy posted this.

arsload -h CMOD_instance -u username -p password -nvf -g applicationgroupname -a application file_to_be_loaded

What server is your CMOD installed on? AIX/Windows??

SunnyManeeth

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 02:13:15 AM »
Thanks pankaj

We the using the Windows Environment only

Thanks

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 01:43:15 AM »
Hi Sunny...

Have you been able to get the data loaded?  What was the solution to your issue?

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

SunnyManeeth

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 11:18:20 PM »
Hi Justin Derrick,

Finally its done, am able to export the data to the DB.

Thanks to all that who have helped me

Thanks