Author Topic: Using MMF to copy optical disk data back to iSeries disks  (Read 3409 times)

rav

Using MMF to copy optical disk data back to iSeries disks
« on: September 05, 2013, 04:18:59 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to find some documentation in relation to migrating data on optical disks back to iSeries disks. The only document I managed to find was the "Content Manager OnDemand for i5/OS Spool File Archive Media Migration Facility" at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27008380&aid=1. Has anyone come across any other useful documentation on this topic?
In this document it appears that the only command I have to use is;
CALL QRDARS/QRLCSFAMMF PARM(OPTVOL01 *OPTICAL *DISK) to copy the data back to disk. Has anyone used this command before to migrate data back to disk?
Once you use this command where does the data get stored in disk? Do we have to create a seperate migration policy for this?

Cheers,

Rav.

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
Re: Using MMF to copy optical disk data back to iSeries disks
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 06:25:02 AM »
The MMF tool only works for Optical Retrieval if you are still using the Spool File Archive feature (meaning you have not yet migrated to Common Server feature).  In SFA there is only *DISK. There is no concept of migration policies.  I have used MMF successfully several times but either in the SFA environment or to move objects from SFA disk to Common Server ASM after migrating from SFA to Common Server.  In each case it works well and without issue. 
If you are already using Common Server feature then MMF is not your tool.  You need to be looking at a combination of CHGPLDOND, and ASM.

Joe
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

rav

Re: Using MMF to copy optical disk data back to iSeries disks
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. If we migrate the data from optical to disk do we need to change the report policies?
Say for example we have a report policy that says days allowed on disk =30 and day allowed on optical =9999998. Do we have to change the days allowed on disk parameter after the migration?

Thanks,

Rav.