Author Topic: CMOD v.9 & Admin values in arsuser table  (Read 6011 times)

zancanaro

CMOD v.9 & Admin values in arsuser table
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:31:35 AM »
Hi,

I recently upgraded our AIX CMOD from 7.1.0.3 ( 8.3 )   to a 9 version with DB2 in version 9 (not 10).
For our security desk, I may create a list of all users from arsuser table, for each instance ( ie. archive, archtest & so on).

In this arsuser table, I read in "ADMIN" column many numbers from 0 (only single user access)  to 8208 (users with some privileged accesses).
Comparisons between exports with ranks of privileges and arsuser Admin numbers did'nt reveal rules.

Where can I obtain the exact values of numbers for this column ?  By an IBM's  PMR ?
I remember for similar questions, IBM didn't want to answer me.....

Thanks by avance for any idea.
St?phane Z.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CMOD v.9 & Admin values in arsuser table
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:55:45 AM »
Hello Zancanaro,

reading directly in the DB is not officially supported by IBM.
The reason is that at any time the format can change, if it is needed.

Now if you want to do such statistical work, then I would suggest to use "arsxml" in order to extract all the users, with there rights (simple user, admin, admin folder, ...)

the content of you xml should have something like

<onDemand>
    <user name="_ALL">
</onDemand>

then with a arsxml export, you will be able to do your statistic work.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

zancanaro

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 09:40:47 AM »
Hello Signore PERUCCHI,

Then I just tried to exploit the arsxml batch solution.

I saw (in live and the doc too) that when use arsxml for export with an -i <input xml file command>  , arsxml didn't examine any others attribute parameters other than 'name' ........
So, I should send it with the _ALL valor and after, eliminate the whole words I don't need.

This is'nt helpful and moreover, when my Security Staff asks to me special reports to avoid problems, it becomes difficult.

I think that arsxml export should be upgraded for cutomers's needs. CMOD should see our basic requirements.

Sincerely yours & bests thanks.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »
Hello,

sorry for the late answer.

arsxml is the official way to do it. If you want to look into the database, feel free, but don't complain if in the future the format change, and additionally your are NOT supported if you change something in the database directly and not using arsxml or the admin client.

The output of arsxml is XML, so with any tool and some programming skills you can do whatever you want. If you must do it manually, then you must ask someone with the skills to automate your needs.

If you want that arsxml should be upgraded to your customer needs, then that's perfect, we are looking for such upgrade, then please contact your sales representative and discuss with him how to enhanced this tool.
In Switzerland, we have requested lots of new features, and we had some of them implemented into CMOD. The most important was the possibility to use the multilanguage in all CMOD objects (folder name, field search, ...).

If you wait that CMOD see what you and your customer needs, then you are out of luck and can wait 10000 years. So please speak up, and tell IBM what are YOUR requirements, and with luck you'll see them in the next release.
But be aware that you might be challenged.

The other way to do it, is to put your requirement in the ODUG forum concerning the new requirement, and once a year ODUG will give all the customer needs to the CMOD developpers http://www.odusergroup.org/forums/index.php?board=2.0.

That said, the ball is on your side.

Yours sincerely,
Alessandro
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:56:56 AM by AlessandroPerucchi »
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML