Author Topic: SRVR_FLAGS_SECURITY_EXIT=1 and i5/OS user profile integration  (Read 3710 times)

rav

SRVR_FLAGS_SECURITY_EXIT=1 and i5/OS user profile integration
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »
Hi,

Hope some one can help me with an issue I am facing with a new CMOD Common Server test installation. I just finished the installation and I have set SRVR_FLAGS_SECURITY_EXIT=1. I created the user profiles in OD Admin interface but when I try to login I get the error message "User ID or passowrd is not valid for the server". When I checked the job log I can see the message id CPF22E2 Password not correct for user profile XXXXX.
To test this further I changed the SRVR_FLAGS_SECURITY_EXIT=0 and then I could set a new passord and was able to login. I then manually changed both OD password and the i5/OS password to be the same and changed the SRVR_FLAGS_SECURITY_EXIT back to 1. I get the same error now. What am I doing wrong? How can i get the passwords in Sync? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rav.

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
Re: SRVR_FLAGS_SECURITY_EXIT=1 and i5/OS user profile integration
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 06:06:41 AM »
In my experience, if you want to use the iSeries server for password authentication then you set the security exit flag to 1 and you do NOT enter any password information in the OnDemand Admin client.  The other thing to be careful with regarding password authentication to the iSeries is that if it uses mixed case passwords, then you must hit the checkbox for mixed case passwords on the OnDemand Admin Client Server Parameters, otherwise you will get errors with logon.

I hope this helps.
Joe
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

rav

Re: SRVR_FLAGS_SECURITY_EXIT=1 and i5/OS user profile integration
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »
Thanks Joe, I selected the password case sensitive check box and now it is working. Many thanks again.

Cheers,

Rav.