Author Topic: Reprint reports to a flat file (z/OS)  (Read 3049 times)

J9CMOD

• View Profile
Reprint reports to a flat file (z/OS)
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:02:28 AM »
I believe I have found the answer to my question below.  I had not yet gotten into the details of Distribution, and I believe I found my answer there.  I will post a new, more specific, question if I can't get this to work.  Thanks, anyway!

We are converting to CMOD from SAR.  We have several jobs that use a SAR utility to create files from reports stored on SAR.
Can somebody tell me an easy way to either:
a) add a "distribution" on CMOD admin that will create a file for a report (application)  or
b) change our existing jobs to select the reports from CMOD and create a file.

Here is some additional information:
  -  All our reports/applications (for this) are line-data reports.
  -  The SAR utiltiy we currently use is SARBCH (in case this helps)
  -  All jobs/procs currently create files with FB format, but the LRECL size varies,  (133, 137, etc), but is equal to the size of the report.
  -  We need to create a file that can be input to our mainframe jobs.

Being new to CMOD, I dont' know the options we have available here, and have not been able to find an answer on this forum, or within the IBM web site.  I'd appreciate any help here.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:25:26 AM by J9CMOD »

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: Reprint reports to a flat file (z/OS)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 02:12:38 PM »
Hello J9 - I think what you may want is the ODF (OnDemand Distribution Facility) feature of CMOD.

From http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cmod/v8r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.ondemand.odfzos.doc%2Fars3o27105.htm

ODF is the report distribution feature for IBM Content Manager OnDemand for z/OS systems. ODF provides an easy way to automatically group reports and portions of reports together and distribute the reports to multiple users. ODF distributions can be sent to the JES spool with the appropriate options for printing a z/OS data set or to email as an attachment.

Ed
#zOS #ODF