Author Topic: Extracting data from CMOD  (Read 4760 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
Extracting data from CMOD
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:08:50 AM »
Hi,

We have a request from a user to download.extract 3 months of data from a report stored on CMOD...This is a daily report that is also indexed off of one field...There are particular criteria on each page they are interested on for researching...With the report being indexed, there multiple indexes per each version...So it isn't feasible to download each index, for each day over such a long period of time (3-4 months worth)..In the past, with the mainframe version of OnDemad (2.1) our systems people have been able to extract the data for the user....We are wondering if there is such a way to also do this via CMOD?....We are currently running CMOD 8.5.0.6..Any help or direction would be appreciated...We feel we'll be getting more of these types of requests (for auditing or researches) as more and more data gets stored on CMOD over time...

Thanks, Dave

DDP021

• View Profile
Re: Extracting data from CMOD
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:07:42 AM »
As a followup, via the thick client, I was able to pull up a date range (as a test I just did one day version which consisted of 64 indexes)....I then highlighted all the versions and then clicked on the "View All Selected" button...You can go to beginning of each index by clicking on the 'view the next item in the document list'..From there you can scroll down the pages for that index..I attempted to go to the EDIT, and then COPY DOCUMENT PAGES TO FILE...Then selected ALL PAGES thinking it would get ALL the total pages I had selected between the data range..But all it did was do the pages of the particular index I was viewing at the time..I can't seem to find a way to copy ALL the pages..All it enables you to do is copy just the pages of  the index you are currently viewing.....Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow select ALL the pages and copy them?....

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 10:03:22 AM »
That method will only work if you can get all the selected documents to display as one big document.  In other words you wouldn't click on "view the next item in the doucment list" but instead would just scroll down through all documents selected. It is possible if there is no differences between each document and the volume of data isn't too large. Be sure "View Combined Documents" is selected under "Options".  This way when you highlight a number of different indexes and click on "View all selected", OnDemand will attempt to bring up all the documents in a single window which should allow them to be written to a single file.  If it can't do it, it will tell you.
One other less efficient way to do it would be to use "Full Report Browse" which would only work if you load your data in large single loads, something like monthly, weekly, or daily.

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 11:43:52 AM »
Thanks!...I did see the "View Combined Documents" under options and had it checked....But my mistake was after selecting all the versions from the Document List and then clicking on "View All Selected", instead of going right to the "Copy Document Pages to File" under edit, I mistakenly clicked on one of the pages which then locked me into that index, and then once I tried to do the Copy Document Pages to File" option, it only got those pages in that particular index instead of the sum total of ALL...Thanks for all the input...