Author Topic: Password Change option  (Read 3320 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
Password Change option
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:12:44 AM »
Hello...We are currently running Webi Version 1.0.4...We converted to CMOD a few years ago off of ODE2.1 (mainframe)...The security for ODE2.1 was based off of the users RACF security..When we converted to CMOD, the same security was implemented...So password expiration is based off of the RACF setting on the mainframe..The "Change Password" option on the Webi signon screen does not allow a person to do change their password...When a persons needs to change their password, they are forced to log back into a mainframe application (usually CICS) to change their password and then they can log back into CMOD Webi..The issue we are facing is with External users who don't have mainframe access OR those new internal users who are forced to obtain a RACF ID just for CMOD even though it's web based...Is there anyone out there using this type of security and if so, have you implemented a means to allow the Change Password option to work via  the WEBI?...And if so, how is something like this implented?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Password Change option
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 12:34:07 AM »
Hello DDP021,

I know some of my customers is using RACF with CMOD.

Concerning the change of password, I don't know exactly how they do it, I should ask them.

Now, what is possible to do, would be to write/modify the security user exit of CMOD in order to allow the changing of password. You need to write a small C code function in order to discuss with RACF and do the change of password.

I see not many other possibilities. I will still try to find out what my customers are doing :-) I'm also curious!

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

ewirtz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 01:54:04 AM »
Hi Alessandro,

a security exit is possible. But no C interface to rafc does exist. So you need to use assembler as well. As far as I remember the assembler macro racroute is not thread safe. But we have found a solution with some tricks.

regards

Egon

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 07:09:44 AM »
Thanks everyone for their input....We are also using the Mobius product and currently using ACF2 on the mainframe (but switching to LPAD) soon...In any event, our systems area (different group than CMOD uses) somehow figured out how to allow user to change their Mobius password on both webi and desktop clients...If anyone can input how they are incorporating RAFC security and CMOD that I pass onto our systems guys, I'd appreciate it!

take care,

Dave