Author Topic: Document Activity Tracking Feature in 9.0  (Read 4670 times)

dakun

Document Activity Tracking Feature in 9.0
« on: February 18, 2014, 12:15:55 PM »
Hello All,

Recently, we upgraded our system to CMOD v9.0.0.2 and I found there is a new feature that in application group properties, we can track last document loaded, last document retrieval and last document Query in the specific group.

it's a good feature to me in order to identify which AGs or folder were not used at all, I will be able to optimize CMOD performance based on it.

However, is there any to turn on the feature by xml or other scripts for all AGs? I dont want to go into each one of them and turn it on.

Thanks

jeffs42885

Re: Document Activity Tracking Feature in 9.0
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 08:02:48 PM »
I doubt IBM would tell you because those tables are proprietary?

My former coworker completely reengineered all of the ARS.* tables because IBM refused to help us with a user report. Try playing with the tables in your lower tiered. Make sure you back up first

Frederick Tybalt

• View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:31:22 PM »
If that is a field is that can be updated in AG, try using arsxml to do a batch update
rIcK
======------------------======
www.rick.co.in | www.tekbytz.com

dakun

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 09:05:40 AM »
If that is a field is that can be updated in AG, try using arsxml to do a batch update
I wanted to use XML but those fields are not defined in AG XML objects.

dakun

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 09:08:38 AM »

My former coworker completely reengineered all of the ARS.* tables because IBM refused to help us with a user report. Try playing with the tables in your lower tiered. Make sure you back up first

WOW, IBM told me before to use XML to operate tables otherwise the table will be messed up. Is your system upgraded after table change? just wonder if the change was still there after upgrade.

jeffs42885

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 12:51:47 PM »

WOW, IBM told me before to use XML to operate tables otherwise the table will be messed up. Is your system upgraded after table change? just wonder if the change was still there after upgrade.

Nothing was messed up, as we werent messing up anything.

Honestly, in my 4 years of supporting CMOD i have maybe talked to 1-2 people from IBM that were helpful. Most of my answers were solved by making a list of possible things, and checking each one, and this group of course.

Our script basically created NEW tables, populated tables (Granted, the users/groups tables) are much smaller...exported it to a CSV file and then it was sent to another line of business for analysis, probably ingested via cognos or even something like a coldfusion/mssql setup.

They never not once mentioned to use ARSXML, so instead of wasting time waiting on PMR's and keeping track, I would "reinvent the wheel" except it would be the reinvented jeff wheel and boom..solved.

</rant>

Frederick Tybalt

• View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 09:50:39 PM »

What I generally do to locate the XML object is,
1. manually update the field in AG
2. use arsxml export  to export the object to xml
3. Locate the object for the field that requires update and recreate a xml
4. use arsxml update

Not sure if you have tried this.
rIcK

dakun

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 02:09:55 PM »

What I generally do to locate the XML object is,
1. manually update the field in AG
2. use arsxml export  to export the object to xml
3. Locate the object for the field that requires update and recreate a xml
4. use arsxml update

Not sure if you have tried this.
It 's a cool approach! I found the parameter I need!
enableLoadDate="true" enableQueryDate="true" enableRetrieveDate="true"
Thank you very much!

Frederick Tybalt

• View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 09:10:24 PM »
Great!!
rIcK

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 04:50:06 AM »

I'm really sorry for that... I work with IBM, and I help all my customer even if sometimes I need to look directly into the ARS table, and sometimes if the task requires it I give some information on these tables. With of course all the warning that if they change the values directly ... etc.. etc.. that could break their system.

Even recently I've done it for a customer who needed to find some information on their permission jungle, and it was an old CMOD without XML... and the admin was not really fit to their needs... so directly looking into the tables is the only way to answer such questions...

Of course this is my point of view, and my way to help customer, and maybe I'm an outlaw inside IBM!
But an happy customer is for me the greatest reward...

Yours sincerely,
Alessandro

BEGIN DISCLAMER
this is my own point of view, and not the one from IBM... since I'm not allowed to speak in the name of IBM
END OF DISCLAMER
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML