Author Topic: Renaming old RDARS SFA reports  (Read 3448 times)

rav

Renaming old RDARS SFA reports
« on: April 08, 2014, 11:55:39 PM »
Hi,

Does any one know how to rename RDARS reports. I have some old RDARS SFA reports with the same name as the OD Application Groups. I need to migrate the old reports from SFA to OD but I cannot do that as both names are the same. I was just wondering whether there is an option to rename the old SFA reports first before the migration.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rav.

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
Re: Renaming old RDARS SFA reports
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 05:51:04 AM »
I have done many RDARS to Common Server migrations and never had to worry about renaming or having the same report name in both, as the everything about RDARS and Common Server are separated in different libraries,IFS structures, and outq monitors. On the Client, if you use the coexistence feature then both RDARS and Common Server folders are shown in the same list.

Having the same name is a benefit if you want to continue to archive to old and new without changing the name of the spool files.

Joe
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

rav

Re: Renaming old RDARS SFA reports
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 04:47:04 PM »
Hi Joe,

Yes, we are using the co-existence feature now. But according to IBM it is not available after V5R4. We are planning to upgrade the OS to V7R1 and we still need to be able to read old SFA reports.
So the only options I have are either to convert the report to OnDemand or re spool and re archive. Since we have the same report name in OD we cannot do a migration as we cannot change the Application group name after migration. I thought if we can rename the current SFA report before the migration then that will address this issue. I am not that familiar with RDARS SFA features, can you rename a report definition?

Cheers,

Rav.