Author Topic: TSM Purge  (Read 3068 times)

Gobi21

• View Profile
TSM Purge
« on: December 02, 2014, 01:31:41 AM »
Hi All,

Could you please clarify my below queries.

We are Migrating from TSM 5.4.3 to TSM 7.0. We have defined archive periods as 10 years mostly for all the storage nodes.What will happen to these nodes after the migration/end of life. Can the purging can be stopped at any point?.

CMOD and TSM are designed to work together ? is there any functionality that will purge from TSM and CMOD together?

Please let me know or point me to any reference. Thanks for your help.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: TSM Purge
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 07:06:58 AM »
In most cases, TSM will expire documents on it's own, as configured in the storage policy (domain, management class, copygroups, etc.).  You use arsmaint to perform regular expiration.  It should be running on a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).  Check out the documentation for arsmaint for more info.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TSM Purge
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 08:31:59 AM »
TSM purge are a great domain for questions.

Like Justin said, it depends.

You have basically 2 ways to use TSM with CMOD:

1) You have storage node in TSM configured as RETINIT=EVENT, then TSM will not purge the documents/objects, it will wait that CMOD sends the event to delete that document/object. This is really in sync with CMOD and with arsmaint

2) You have storage node in TSM configured as RETINIT=CREATION, then TSM will purge the documents after the period RETVER days is passed. In that case, TSM and CMOD are working in an asynchron way, and arsmaint will only remove the entries in the library server and never in TSM.

Now, if you are interested in converting your RETINIT=CREATION storage node in RETINIT=EVENT... then with TSM you cannot, it won't work. The only way I found to do it, was to export and reimport each TSM object from one storage node to the desired storage node... that's not that difficult, but takes a long time, and need to be careful not to loose the CMOD link...

I'm waiting that you can do that in TSM in a standard procedure!!
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML