Author Topic: ARSDOC GET behavior  (Read 4132 times)

robloesch

• View Profile
ARSDOC GET behavior
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:48:07 AM »
I'm new to CMOD and am looking for some guidance.  We have CMOD 7.1x on AIX release 3.5, which is no longer supported.

Essentially, we are looking to use the ARSDOC GET command to pull report content from CMOD.
•Does this command get a local copy of the report without affecting the content/metadata managed under CMOD (we want to make sure we do not alter the repository)
•What format will be used for the local copy (i.e. the original format) ?
thanks

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ARSDOC GET behavior
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 04:38:57 AM »
Hello robloesch,

well, you are probably with AIX 5.3 and not 3.5 :-) I know that "uname" makes it a bit strange sometimes!

That aside, it would be good to upgrade your CMOD at one point in the future!! :-)

Now to your questions:

"arsdoc get" will get the document without altering anything, no indexes will be touched, no content will be modified.
The same can be said for "arsdoc query".

When you use the "arsdoc get" command, then you'll get the original file, without any transformation.

Does that answer your questions?

Regards,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

robloesch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 05:44:57 AM »
thanks for the feedback, exactly what I was looking for.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 07:18:12 AM »
The only caveat is that you'll get back AFP documents with the resources and data in separate files -- a .res and .out file.  Also, if a text/linedata report file was converted to AFP with ACIF on the way in, you'll receive AFP output with any added resources, rather than the original text files.

Other data types that will be received as ingested are:  JPEG, GIF, TIFF, Text, and any User Defined data type.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

robloesch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 01:18:50 PM »
looks like we are using ACIF indexer, will do some testing.
thanks for the heads up.