Author Topic: Can you remove a single statement from a contiguous load file?  (Read 3174 times)

tjspencer2

• View Profile
We load statement files in a large contiguous file wiht statements running end to end. 

One of our statements in tonight's load is bad.  Can I delete one from the middle of the file, or do I have to unload the entire load file, correct it, and eload the corrected file?

jeffs42885

Re: Can you remove a single statement from a contiguous load file?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »
I would say the ladder of the two would be your best bet compared to coming up with some kind of exit.

tjspencer2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 05:17:43 PM »
I'd like to delete the DB2 record, as removing the DB2 record would effectively remove the databases knowledge of the pointer. And that's effectively what I'm trying to do - just don't know if IBM would support this.

tjspencer2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 07:36:46 PM »
Per IBM PMR tonight, you are to NOT do this.

Unload your data, correct it, and reload.

Anand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:42:58 PM »
Yes. You can delete a single record from the load  using arsdoc delete with the -i option having the where clause for the specific documents.

ewirtz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 11:52:39 PM »
Hi Anand,
you are right. But two additional information:

Only the index is deleted. The document is still in the load but cannot be seen without tricks.

If the load is not divided in documents (only indexes have been generated) the document will still be seen with every not deleted index that belongs to the load.

regards

Egon

Anand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 02:52:41 AM »
Hi Egon

Yes. If you run arsdoc delete it only removes the index not the file.

Regd your point 2, Your are saying that all the indexes pointing to the whole complete file (Offset :0 and length : size of the file). If you run arsload with indexer alone option (-i), indexes will be generated with each rows pointing specific segment. Please let me know the option how to load the without divided.

Thanks

ewirtz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 02:52:28 AM »
Hi Anand,

Example: if you use the acif-indexer and provide no pages p.e with CC=NO you will get rows but no document separation, because no pages will be detected. (document separation will only be done in case of  new pages)

Regards

Egon