Author Topic: ARSLOAD extreme slow  (Read 7903 times)

teeraw

Re: ARSLOAD extreme slow
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 12:26:35 AM »
Okay, that's truly bizarre.  It's taking almost a full minute to return to CMOD after the load says it's complete.

I'm going to throw out a guess, and suggest that it's related to DB2.  The only step left after a successful completion of a load is to write messages to the System Log.  It seems like there's a 60+ second timeout happening somewhere.  Check the db2diag log for errors/messages happening around the time of this load.

Given that you're on a drastically unsupported version of CMOD, you're not likely to get much help from IBM.

It's been two weeks since this thread was started -- are you still having the issue?

-JD.

Yes, JD. I still have this problem.
But we tried to relief it by advise customer to perform multiple loading tasks.
For some application group, I have copied it to new one and it work fine. (Faster than old one)

And, customer used CMOD 8.3 that end-of-support, we are during push they to upgrade.

teeraw

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 12:32:44 AM »
Okay, that's truly bizarre.  It's taking almost a full minute to return to CMOD after the load says it's complete.

I'm going to throw out a guess, and suggest that it's related to DB2.  The only step left after a successful completion of a load is to write messages to the System Log.  It seems like there's a 60+ second timeout happening somewhere.  Check the db2diag log for errors/messages happening around the time of this load.

Given that you're on a drastically unsupported version of CMOD, you're not likely to get much help from IBM.

It's been two weeks since this thread was started -- are you still having the issue?

-JD.

Yes, JD. I still have this problem.
But we tried to relief it by advise customer to perform multiple loading tasks.
For some application group, I have copied it to new one and it work fine. (Faster than old one)

And, customer used CMOD 8.3 that end-of-support, we are during push they to upgrade.

Do you have documentation for IBM CMOD that describe to internal process of CMOD loading process has access which tables/paths/files on the server?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 01:31:52 AM »
I have no idea why it behaves like that in your case :(

There is no detailed description of the actual ingestion process... I know from experience what it does, but that's not the official description, it would be own :-) with its flaws!

That said, do you know if the customer is using the command "arslog" to do things? As you probably know the "arslog" can be modified, since this is a shell script. And maybe this one is doing more than what it should do.
And maybe because the application group are "old", it takes time for it to process it, since there are some backlogs. And when you have a new application group, there are no backlog, and therefore it goes quick.

Do you know if they are using some user exits?? From what you've shown us, I have the impression that no... but I might be wrong.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

krcd

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 10:44:54 AM »
I have the same symptom, in a cmod 9.5, DB2 10.5. SO AIX 7.1. I have reviewed the DB and there are no hints of problems, any suggestions?

-JD.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 08:57:56 AM »
Check the troubleshooting article on the Wiki:  https://cmod.wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting_Content_Manager_OnDemand

Then report back with anything you think is suspicious.

From one of your other posts, I believe your system needs some re-design in order to keep growing while still performing well.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR