Author Topic: No pages in 'C:  (Read 1840 times)

fnb4321

• View Profile
No pages in 'C:
« on: November 13, 2015, 09:15:10 AM »
We recently upgraded from 8.5.0.8 to 9.5.0.2

I used to be able to do a reprint from CA-VIEW and send to OnDemand.

Now when I do so - it loads successfully but when you attempt to open the report it says - No pages in C:'\Users\pdpoart\Appdata\Roaming\IBM\Ondemand Client\DATA\D10-5d67c.A32'

Anyone ever seen this ?  The data is coming from the mainframe and not my C: drive
Never had this issue with previous versions of CMOD

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No pages in 'C:
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 09:24:49 AM »
Hello,

I have absolutely no idea how CA-View works, and until today I've never heard of that product.

That said, what I can say is whatever is doing CA-View, he seems to use the CMOD Client to retrieve documents, probably with the DDE or OLE protocol, therefore the workflow seems to be the following:

- You do your action with CA-View
- CA-View search and retrieve the document through CMOD Client
- CA-View get the retrieve document from the cache directory of the CMOD Client found in C:'\Users\pdpoart\Appdata\Roaming\IBM\Ondemand Client\DATA\'
- CA-View will display/print the document

Now, CA-View cannot find the document in the CMOD Client cache directory.

What can you do? I don't know but here are some hints where you could look at.

- Check if your CA-Viewer is at the latest version, maybe there is something to work with the new CMOD Client
- Check the version of CMOD Client, maybe you need also to update it

I hope that my analysis is correct and could help you a little bit ;)
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

fnb4321

• View Profile
Re: No pages in 'C:
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 08:19:25 AM »
  I am sending from CA-Deliver to OnDemand and trying to view in OnDemand.

I contacted IBM who stated that those are temp files being written and asked me to go to File (scroll down), and I would see Show temporary file         
locations. Hover over that and it will show you where they're pointing.

I never had this issue with earlier versions and the issue is only occurring with reports that are capturing indicies from a JES banner page.

Other documents/statements that aren't using the banner page for indexing don't have the issue.