Author Topic: CMOD V9.5 Admin compatible with CMOD V8.5  (Read 3123 times)

lfbeach

• View Profile
CMOD V9.5 Admin compatible with CMOD V8.5
« on: December 16, 2015, 02:42:02 PM »
Are there any known problems that may occur if I go ahead with install of the CMOD V9.5 ADMIN and Windows Thick Client on my machine while we are still running CMOD V8.5?   We have installed V9.5 in our development environment only.   I am wondering if I should have V9.5 installed on a separate machine to work in DEV right now.  Very important that   I still function in System, Qual and Prod which is CMOD V8.5.   I will be building Ags, Apps, folders in the ADMIN.
Lori Frazier Beach
Developer-CMOD Admin
Document Management Systems

Nolan

• View Profile
Re: CMOD V9.5 Admin compatible with CMOD V8.5
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »
I am using 9.5.0.3 client to access both 8.5.0.10 Prod servers and 9.0.0.6 DEV servers.  I do find the client crashes more often but it works as far as I have noticed.  I like to sort by last modified date and this blows up often.  Also there is an issue opening ODF Report Bundles directly, I have PMR opened on this.

Let me know how it goes.  I did see the latest 9.5.04 was release yesterday so I will try and pull that down.  Need to repackage it and distribute to our users as we do the 9.0.0.6 upgrade.
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN

lfbeach

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »
Thanks much for the response!  I have another machine I can use. (just slightly inconvenient - in another room)  Just hearing 'crashes more often' is almost enough to make me play it safe and have V9.5 Admin on one and keep V8.5 on my machine.  Appreciate the feedback  :)
Lori Frazier Beach
Developer-CMOD Admin

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Relief is here!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 12:08:49 PM »
Starting with 9.5 you can have both 9.5 and a pre-9.5 Admin and User client on the same PC.

For example, on my PC right now it used to be the only place I could ever install a client before 9.5 was in the

Start ->  All Programs -> IBM OnDemand32  path

Starting with 9.5 the client will install in a different path, specifically:

Start ->  All Proglrams -> IBM OnDemand Clients V9.5

So now I have two paths off Start -> Programs and I can run both 9.5 and pre-9.5 clients, fully supported from the same PC.

This is automatic when you install the 9.5 client, that by default it will pick the new path.

Ed
#zOS #ODF

lfbeach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »
Thank you!! :)
Lori Frazier Beach
Developer-CMOD Admin