Author Topic: How to Call arsload multiple times in batch mode for n files -any ideas  (Read 2409 times)

Steve C

Hi,
Up until our upgrade to 9.0 from 8.4 we were calling arsload from a COBOL /C driving process. Upwards of 10000 files every night would be registered in a table. Which solutions would deliver files on a given day is not certain.
We would like to continue with this strategy but find only descriptions of running as started tasks to load multiple file. The batch option is to execute arsload from jack directly which will only allow a relatively static set of input file to be provided.

Question Anyone else executing processing of n files in a batch modus?
              If so - how?

We load txt,app,pdf with afp and txt on the mvs side of the world using OD390 indexer and the PDFs being loaded with the generic indexer.

Greg Ira

• View Profile
Re: How to Call arsload multiple times in batch mode for n files -any ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:33:14 PM »
Where are the txt and AFP files?   JES Queue or Dataset?

The PDFs on the Unix side shouldn't be too hard,we load some (pdf indexer) through batch calling a REXX.

I'm curious as to why you're avoiding running ARSLOAD as a started task to load your files from the JES queue?

Nolan

• View Profile
Re: How to Call arsload multiple times in batch mode for n files -any ideas
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 02:10:29 PM »
Agreed, using REXX is the simplest process to complete what you are looking for.  You can execute REXX in OMVS so you can issue the ARSLOAD command directly or spawn from TSO to issue the command.   REXX can read/write DB/2 tables or flat files which i think is part of your requirement, so REXX would be my vote.  :)

I can only guess the reason you don't want to setup the ARSLOAD started task is that you need to update all the JCLs to send the output to the spool with a writer name.
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN