Author Topic: Can't view Document in ODWEK  (Read 4735 times)

fnb4321

• View Profile
Can't view Document in ODWEK
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:46:49 AM »
Hi All - we just upgraded to 9.5.0.2 back in October and have been having problem opening a statement that is 5.53MB (1,076 pages).

The statement can be viewed via the thick client but you just get a blank screen if you try to view via ODWEK.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?  I have opened a PMR and I will be doing a trace but wanted to see if anyone else has run into this ?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't view Document in ODWEK
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 08:11:58 AM »
Hello

What do you mean with ODWEK?
with arswww.cgi?
With the ODWEK Servlet?
With ICN which use the Java API?
With WEBi which also use the Java API?
With some Java custom code that use the ODWEK Java API?

Without that information, nobody can help you... because ODWEK is just a pack of tools...
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

fnb4321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:51:22 AM »
Sorry - arswww.cgi

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 02:51:05 AM »
Please... do not use arswww.cgi anymore... this part of ODWEK is obsolete and deprecated for at least 4 years... I am not even sure if the developpers will ship it with the new release of CMOD coming normally this year...

Since CMOD 8.4 no new features were added to this ODWEK component...

my advice would be, since you have gone through the upgrade to CMOD V9.5, then this component would also need to have a project to be changed asap.

Did you try if ICN was giving you the same problem?

That aside, and back to your problem.

How do you use ARSWWW.CGI? I am asking, because, I have seen many usage of it.
Some customer are using it like a web client, with a modified version of the sample html provided in ODWEK
Some other customers are using arswww.cgi as simply a service calling directly the url with lots of options.
Some other customers did some wrapper around arswww.cgi, and did strange things with the output...

So where are you located?
As web Client?
Direct call to the it with specific parameters?
Or something more strange?

In all cases, what kind of document are wanting to display? PDF? AFP? Line Data (Text)? Tiff? Others???
When you display your file, what do you expect? Acrobat Reader? LineData Applet Viewer? Afp Plugin Viewer? Image Viewer? Something else?
Does it work with other document type, or only with this one specifically?

From which version of CMOD were you before the migration? V9, V8.5, V8.4, V8.3, V7 ???
What did you do with the arswww.cgi upgrade on your http server? did you change the arswww.cgi binaries? Have new links?
Do you see some errors in the logs of your http servers?
Do you see some errors in the browser? Java problems?

lots of questions :-D
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 02:54:51 AM »
At least, I have seen that kind of problems, mainly with java security problems... and the line data applet.
otherwise no problems ... or also with some versions of the browser... sometime it works with Firefox/Chrome
but not with IE and with IE, I mean it depends also how it was secured by the security team!!! sometimes they have put some heavy thing in place and nothing was working anymore.

a few times also with the AFP Plugin and Image plugin... that was more rare...
Alessandro Perucchi

fnb4321

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 07:52:38 AM »
Just an update on what the issue was.

The problem was we were using an older version of afp2pdf transformer that only converted a maximum of 1000 pages so any document over 1000 pages would not open.  We downloaded newest version of afp2pdf transformer which corrected the issue.

Also - when speaking with Ricoh they mentioned that we will have to migrate to AFP2PDF PLUS by early next year.

Has anyone installed AFP2PDF PLUS transformer on their odwek servers ?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 10:36:35 PM »
Just an update on what the issue was.

The problem was we were using an older version of afp2pdf transformer that only converted a maximum of 1000 pages so any document over 1000 pages would not open.  We downloaded newest version of afp2pdf transformer which corrected the issue.

Also - when speaking with Ricoh they mentioned that we will have to migrate to AFP2PDF PLUS by early next year.

Has anyone installed AFP2PDF PLUS transformer on their odwek servers ?

Thank you for the feedback on the issue :-)
Alessandro Perucchi