Author Topic: OnDemand thick client  (Read 5265 times)

wdssnyder

OnDemand thick client
« on: December 04, 2015, 09:45:12 AM »
application is Data Type - User Defined and File Extension is pdf. From Document List window is there way to select multiple rows; then click Print All Selected

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: OnDemand thick client
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 03:57:52 AM »
Hello :-)

What is the question?
What version of CMOD Server / Client / WebClient are you using?

:-)
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

wdssnyder

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 07:25:27 AM »
CMOD server 8.5.0.8, thick client 8.5.0.6
When multiple rows are selected in 'Document List' window; 'Print All Selected' doesn't work where application is pdf
What type of customization is possible, to use 'Print All Selected' button to print multiple (pdf) rows from 'Document List' window

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 07:31:58 AM »
Upgrade to CMOD V9.5 ?? :D
This was added in this version.
You can try with just the thick client V9.5.0.3, if that works. Since this was a new feature.

I am not sure if the server side must be updated to have that functionality.

Otherwise I do not know any method to do what you are requesting... except by developing your own thick client...

In all cases, don't forget that CMOD V8.5 is out of support by end of April 2016... so upgrading to CMOD V9.5 is a valid answer :D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:34:15 AM by Alessandro Perucchi »
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

wdssnyder

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 06:36:43 AM »
Test environment, I have server as 9.5.0.3 and 9.5.0.3 thick client.
When multiple rows are selected in 'Document List' window; then 'Print All Selected'. 'Local Printer' is grayed out in Print window.
This procedure works for line data, but not pdf.

If this is new feature in 9.5.0.3, is it documented. Can you point me to documentation for feature.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 04:05:38 PM »
I have checked, and this is effectively something new with V9.5 of CMOD.

BUT... you need to have for that Adobe Acrobat (not reader) for that.
I've forgot this "little" detail...

The documentation for that is here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27021523
in the section "Windows client", you have this phrase:

The OnDemand Windows client allows for local printing from the hitlist if Adobe Acrobat is installed.

Sorry for the confusion.
Alessandro Perucchi

wdssnyder

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 02:15:53 PM »
I have OnDemand thick client v9.5.0.3 and Adobe Acrobat X on workstation. When 'Print all Selected' is clicked local print window is active.

But nothing prints. Any ideas why?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 04:53:22 AM »
Do you have any error messages?
How did you install the 2 products?
First Acrobat, and then OnDemand thick client?
Or First OnDemand thick client and then Acrobat?

If you installed Acrobat last, then you need to copy manually the file from <installation Path OnDemand Client>\PDF\arspdf32.api into the directory of Acrobate <Installation Path of Acrobat X>/plug-ins/
Then quit Acrobat / OnDemand thick client, and retry.

Alessandro Perucchi

wdssnyder

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 08:06:34 AM »
Acrobat existed, then OnDemand v8506 was uninstalled, then installed v9503. arspdf32.api plugin exists in both Acrobat and 9503. If I view pdf in 9503 it opens Acrobat. So I believe plugins are correct. No visible(popup) error message occurs, after local Printer selected.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 10:04:57 AM »
Then yes, the PDF plugin is correctly installed.

My only advice at this point, would be to open a PMR with IBM... except if somebody else in the forum has another idea...
Alessandro Perucchi