Author Topic: some of PDF files open in Blank page through Ondemand client  (Read 4417 times)

GURU

some of PDF files open in Blank page through Ondemand client
« on: February 05, 2016, 07:21:12 AM »
Recently I got One issue in OnDemand. when I am trying to open the some of PDF files through OnDemand client the files will be open in blank page. Kindly help on this.

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: some of PDF files open in Blank page through Ondemand client
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 07:47:13 AM »
What's the platform/version of CMOD?

Are they PDF files being sent to CMOD or are they being transformed via afp2pdf, xenos, etc

What is the sending system of the PDF?
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 08:07:00 AM »
Did you try to extract the document with "arsdoc get" and check the PDF directly in Acrobat Reader?
Because ... maybe the document in OnDemand is really blank.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

GURU

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 08:29:00 AM »
Thank you very much and below are the details

Platform is Linux environment and CMOD version is 8.5.0.6

Yes I have extracted the documents using "arsdoc get" and tried to open the PDF files directly but the files opened in Blank.

Kindly help On this.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 09:15:28 AM »
Well if the PDF are blank after you extracted with ARSDOC GET... then most probably you have

1) The PDF that was archived was blank, so you need to check who produce the PDF and ask them
2) The PDF that you archive was another format, and then converted to PDF... and the conversion went wrong, and you have now a blank PDF.

Another question do you use PDF Indexer? If yes, then it would be interesting, if you still have it, to look at the original PDF file before using PDF Indexer...

Normally, if you are in that situation, the problem is not OnDemand, but the system that produced this PDF. You need to investigate the whole chain before OnDemand, because once it is in OnDemand, OnDemand will NEVER change your file. Like we say here... garbage IN, garbage OUT... you retrieve what you archive.
(ok, there is an exception if during the retrieval there are conversion method... but that's not the case here, from what I understand)
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

GURU

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 09:09:10 AM »
Before they sending the files to OnDemand the files opened with data and when we try to open the files from OnDemand client after sending the files will be opened in blank.

we don't have PDF indexer.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 01:58:21 PM »
Before they sending the files to OnDemand the files opened with data and when we try to open the files from OnDemand client after sending the files will be opened in blank.

we don't have PDF indexer.

Then for me this is a bug, you must open a PMR with IBM. Because CMOD does not change anything in regards with files.
Just for your information, CMOD V8.5 is going to be out of support in a few month (end of April 2016).
Alessandro Perucchi

GURU

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 12:46:30 AM »
Thank you, I will raise PMR to IBM regarding on this issue.