Author Topic: How to copy SCS Spool files to PC Files ?  (Read 3218 times)

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
How to copy SCS Spool files to PC Files ?
« on: March 04, 2016, 11:44:06 AM »
I have a request to copy large quantities of SCS spool files from select OnDemand Folders to PC files (ideally in PDF format) with PC file names that include some or all of the OnDemand meta-data indexing values.

My first thought was to programatically use the ARSDOC Print API to create spool files, then use the CPYSPLF command to create PDF formatted *STMF.  This works when performed manually one step at a time, EXCEPT I lose any opportunity to automate the naming of either the spool file or naming the PDF file with the original OnDemand index keys.

With the old SFA feature, I would use the PRTRPTRDAR command to respool the segments, change the UserDefinedData value of each spool file with Index key values, then use InfoPrint Server/400 to create PDF files with PC file names taken from the UserDefinedData value.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to extract large volumes of SCS data from Common Server folders to usable PC files?

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Joe
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com

jlsherr

• View Profile
Re: How to copy SCS Spool files to PC Files ?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 08:48:34 AM »
For common server there is an equivalent command to PRTRPTRDAR.  It is PRTRPTOND.  Also in 7.3 there are new commands invoke arsdoc.  PRTDOCOND, QRYDOCOND, and RTVDOCOND.  Maybe one of these will help.

Darrell Bryant

• Sed fugit interea fugit inreparabile tempus-Virgil
    • View Profile
Re: How to copy SCS Spool files to PC Files ?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:26:07 AM »
The PRTDOCOND, QRYDOCOND, and RTVDOCOND commands are now available at v7.2.
#IBMi #iSeries #PDF #XML #400 Indexer #ASM