Author Topic: Citrix and customization  (Read 2753 times)

Greg Ira

• View Profile
Citrix and customization
« on: March 24, 2016, 06:47:58 AM »
Does anybody have experience using the Windows client on Citrix?  Specifically customizations?  I have zero knowledge of Citrix however for one of our instances the users are putting their clients on Citrix.  When they go to logon the server information is always cleaned out and they have to re-enter the information every time.  I'm assuming someone would have to hard code that information into the registry which has to be possible, no?  Also how does the Citrix environment affect preferences? If Citrix doesn't allow user specific updates to the registry does that mean preferences, shortcuts, expression finds, recent ... etc won't be available on an individual basis?

Nolan

• View Profile
Re: Citrix and customization
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 10:20:53 AM »
Read 106 times and no one replied.  I know this is a few months later but I figured I would add my comments.  We had ours setup on Citrix 4.5 with no problems for years but now that we are rolling over to Citrix 6.5 we have some issues.  I don't know enough about Citrix installs but the Citrix deployment team should setup the registry keys for them HKLM for anyone using the OnDemand client (we had to use 9.5.0.1 for Citrix to install correctly).   

There is a balance between what keys go to HKCU and HKLM....note the HKLM is not documented last time I checked.  Here are the details from my PMR

1)  On 64bit windows, the key is actually in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IBM                             

2)  At V9.5 and on a 64bit windows machine, to enable the Serverlist on the local_machine you will need to update                               
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IBM\OnDemand Clients V9.5\Client\Preferences                                                 

3) You will then see the Local_Machine Server list being built at       
   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IBM\OnDemand Clients V9.5\Common

Cheers
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN

Greg Ira

• View Profile
Re: Citrix and customization
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 07:25:47 AM »
Much thanks!
  Every bit of information helps.  I'll pass that information on to the users.