Author Topic: format is invalid for 'LoadDate'  (Read 2716 times)

cholywell

format is invalid for 'LoadDate'
« on: March 28, 2016, 07:26:53 AM »
I am performing an upgrade to Ondemand 9.5.  We are currently running  OnDemand server 8.5 and odWEK version 8.4.1.  I have installed OnDemand server 9.5 and exported all the Groups, Applications, Application Groups, Storage Sets and Folders from our current production 8.5 server to the the new version 9.5 server.                                     

Our problem is with the 9.5 odwek.  When we updated our Jboss application server to odwek 9.5 document loads using our odwek java application started to fail.  Our initial error message was this:       

Code: [Select]
com.ibm.edms.od.ODException: '03/16/16' is invalid for 'LoadDate'. 
A date/time in the  range '1 Jan 70' to '31 Dec 58' is required.  Note that 2-digit years less than 70 are interpreted as year 20nn. 

I got this error message when loading to a 8.5 server OR a 9.5 server  with the only change being the upgraded odwek on the jboss servers. I changed the Display Format for LoadDate to %m/%d/%y in the folder settings on the OnDemand  server. The document loads still failed despite having the display format set but with a slightly different error message:                                                             

com.ibm.edms.od.ODException: '03/22/16' is invalid for 'LoadDate'. 
A date/time in the range '01/01/1970' to '12/31/2058' is required.  Note  that 2-digit years less than 70 are interpreted as year 20nn. 

I have confirmed with our Java developers that this is how they are  sending the date format:                                               

DISPLAY_DATE_FORMATTER = DateTimeFormat                                 
   .forPattern("MM/dd/yy HH:mm");                                       
LOAD_DATE_FORMATTER = DateTimeFormat                                   
      .forPattern("MM/dd/yy");

We have loaded documents with arsload.  My suspicion is that the problem is in the odwek.  When we simply updated the odwek on our jboss app servers and tried to load documents it gave the date format error when loading to a 8.5 and 9.5 OnDemand servers. I have been in contact with IBM and their level 3 support says "it should work".  Any ideas?  It looks like we had this same problem when we did the 8.4 to 8.5 upgrade which is why we stayed on odwek 8.4.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: format is invalid for 'LoadDate'
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:34:53 PM »
Hello,

Well from what I see the problem is not ODWEK, but merely the way the day format is done in the Application.

You said, that in the second example, you use "%m/%d/%y", but that means : MM/DD/YYYY, and you are sending MM/DD/YY, which means in CMOD "%m/%d/%Y", please note the capital "Y".

At least, this is from what I see in what you are showing us.

Concerning the first example, I think the format was something like "%e", because the format that CMOD is expecting is something in the line "%d XXX %Y", where XXX is the short month form (I have put XXX because I don't know the % code for the short month form!).

Now, why it works with arsload, and not with ODWEK, this is not clear... what release of ODWEK are you using? I mean the full version number: V9.5.0.4 ??
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

cholywell

Re: format is invalid for 'LoadDate'
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 07:55:14 AM »
Our loading issues are now resolved.  The high and low date values used for search criteria were hard-coded string values and were not matching "Load Date" in the server.  It appears that 8.4  did NOT care that the formats were different, but 9.5 certainly does.  The solution was to make the high/low search criteria dates format the same as the Load Date.