Author Topic: ODWEK Tracing Problem  (Read 2227 times)

jettie1767

ODWEK Tracing Problem
« on: April 04, 2016, 06:09:05 AM »
We've had an ODWEK crash in our production environment and have been trying to generate a trace.  Unfortunately, we couldn't get it to generate any trace at all.  We've tried both options of setting in in odconfig as well as arswww.ini.  We have restarted our apps each time we made changes to the tracelevel variable but we still couldn't get any traces.  We have checked permissions on the directories where we are directing the trace file and our id has rwx.  Our ODWEK 8.5.4 is running on AIX 6.x and WAS 7.x 64-bit.  The weird thing is that we can get the trace to generate in our dev and qa environment but not in prod.

Any ideas on what else may be different that might prevent us from getting a trace in our prod environment?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ODWEK Tracing Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:52:09 PM »
Well that's a difficult question! Because we don't know your environment :-)
What I can tell you is a bit a generic answer:

Check:
- The permissions of all files/directories
- The configuration of all components
- Check what is different between test and prod, and dev and prod.
- Check the versions
- Check the configuration files
- check...
- check...

If it works in DEV/TEST but not in PROD, then there is a configuration/permission issue somewhere.
I can take some time to find it, some days...
I remember having a strange error with CMOD once, it was working in test/dev/uat but not in prod... and it took me 2-3 days to find a missing directory in an object server...
so maybe your error is just something dumb... but you simply need to check slowly and carefully everything...

cannot help you more than that sorry...
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML