Author Topic: Index ASCII files from linux  (Read 2968 times)

akstrom

• View Profile
Index ASCII files from linux
« on: April 05, 2016, 11:17:14 PM »
I have a ascii file from Linux that I would like to load into the system, but I am not sure how to set up the Application. I have tried to use the grafic indexer to get the trigger and the indexes I need, but it seems to convert the text into a unreadable file
I have Attached the input file, the error file and the Application definitions.
I really hope to get some help on how the "indexer information" should look like.
I usually have data from os/390 (afp/ebcdic)

Nolan

• View Profile
Re: Index ASCII files from linux
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:26:37 AM »
Ironically I am working on the same issue this week.  The first thing you need to ensure in the GUI is that you are using code page 437 for ascii text.
Set the file up as steam with no cc.   That should enable you to start the GUI to draw the trigger and index fields.   

I am working on doing the loading still so I will let you know how that goes!  Let me know if you make any progress.

Cheers
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 12:59:08 PM »
The sample file appears to have carriage controls, so CC=YES is the way to go.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

akstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:00:27 AM »
Nolan : Thank you for Your comments ! I am a bit puzzeled all thou .. in the documentation it says
850 (ASCII) 500 (EBCDIC)The default IBM® code page
And wikipedia says 865 for Danish/Norwegian .. I have tryed all 4 (437, 850, 500 and 865) With the same error .. it still get wiered fieldnames:
The field name 'üúû' found in the index file does not match any expected fields.  The field will be ignored.
The field name 'ÖüòòÆüóóà' found in the index file does not match any expected fields.  The field will be ignored.
The field name 'ÆàòÖ' found in the index file does not match any expected fields.  The field will be ignored.
The field name 'ÑÖàçòëòçóòÖ' found in the index file does not match any expected fields.  The field will be ignored.

JBNC : tryed both With and without CC without any luck

Nolan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 06:24:36 AM »
I was able to pull it up in the GUI.  What client are you running.  I have 9.5.0.4 on my desktop.

I am having trouble with the index working on my file that does not have carriage control  I am opening a PMR to find out why it is breaking mid stream.
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN