Author Topic: OnDemand for i and ODF  (Read 2897 times)

BHUMENY

OnDemand for i and ODF
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:21:46 AM »
Does ODF work with OnDemand for iSeries?

Thanks.
Bill

BHUMENY

Re: OnDemand for i and ODF
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:27:45 AM »
Is it done using the Remoter Library Server function?

Remote Library Server
A library server that is running on some other system.

The remote library server is accessed from the Windows system. For example, you can use the IBM® Content Manager Content Manager OnDemand product on this Windows system to access an Content Manager OnDemand library server that is running on an AIX®, HP-UX, iSeries®, Solaris, or z/OS® system or some other Windows system.

This scenario requires that you install the Content Manager OnDemand software on the system that is running the CommonStore software, add a Local Windows Server with the Content Manager OnDemand configurator program, and configure an instance of the Local Windows Server to access the remote library server.

When you define a remote library server, you must specify the TCP/IP host name alias, fully-qualified host name, or IP address of the system on which the remote library server is running and you must specify the TCP/IP port number of the remote library server. The programs on this Windows system communicate with the remote library server through the specified TCP/IP port.

Configuring a remote library server consists of specifying the name of the instance, specifying the options on the Server page, and then clicking Finish to complete the process. (You do not specify any options on the Language, Directory, Database, or Storage pages.)

Remember: This feature also supports running the Content Manager OnDemand server programs (such as ARSDB, ARSDOC, and ARSLOAD) from the command line on this Windows system to access a library server that is running on an AIX, HP-UX, iSeries, Solaris, or z/OS system or some other Windows system. This scenario requires that you install the Content Manager OnDemand software on this Windows system, add a Local Windows Server with the Content Manager OnDemand configurator program, and configure an instance of the Local Windows Server to access the remote library server. When you run the programs from this Windows system, you must specify the -h and -I parameters to identify the host and the instance that you want to process.

Joe Wolken

• CMOD iSeries Consultant
    • View Profile
    • OAS Corp.
Re: OnDemand for i and ODF
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 11:54:28 AM »
The IBM OnDemand Distribution Facility (ODF) is an add-on feature of OnDemand for iSeries that is NEW with OnDemand for i v.7.3.  I have not seen anything from IBM that says that they are going to enable it to work with any previous versions of OnDemand for i.  Here is a link to the IBM announcement for OnDemand i v.7.3

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=AN&subtype=CA&htmlfid=897/ENUS216-216&appname=USN

Joe
#Installation #Upgrade #Migration #Administration #Integration #Customization #Training, and more!

Call: 512-402-1123
email: wolkenj@oascorp.com 
Click: http://www.OASCorp.com