Author Topic: ACIF OS/390 & USS  (Read 3875 times)

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ACIF OS/390 & USS
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:38:02 PM »
I am wondering if you have an idea about that topic... Is it possible to run "ARSLOAD" in z/OS on the USS, and use at the same time the indexer OS/390?
Apparently it doesn't work, but maybe we are doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated!
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: ACIF OS/390 & USS
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:57:45 AM »
Sadly, that is still a restriction.

It's because the I/O that's used is based on the operating system that the OS/390 Indexer runs under.

Ed
#zOS #ODF

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 02:18:21 AM »
Sadly, that is still a restriction.

It's because the I/O that's used is based on the operating system that the OS/390 Indexer runs under.

Really sad ... :-(
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

ewirtz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 03:36:06 AM »
Hi,

just a question. Why do you want to run the arsload in USS and not as a job in Z/OS

regards

Egon

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 09:28:10 AM »
just a question. Why do you want to run the arsload in USS and not as a job in Z/OS

Well I was asking that for one of my customer. apparently they are doing the stuff there in some unsupported ways, like running ARSLOAD from assembler.
Apparently the way they are doing now is using USS. And this has some limitation...

Well, I will look to open a enhancement request with my customer in order to solve that issue.

More than that, I am unable to answer, since I'm a noob in z/OS!! :D
Alessandro Perucchi

ewirtz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 02:50:57 AM »
Hi Alessandro,

on Z/OS you have different ways to call arsload. I expect that also for your customer it is possible, to find a supported way to use arsload in Z/OS.

regards

Egon

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 06:29:09 AM »
Hi Alessandro,

on Z/OS you have different ways to call arsload. I expect that also for your customer it is possible, to find a supported way to use arsload in Z/OS.

I'm looking with the IBM support :-) so I hope there is a nice way to solve it!
Alessandro Perucchi

Nolan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 07:02:38 PM »
The only time I have run ARSLOAD in USS successfully is using the generic indexer.   Banged my head on the keyboard a few times trying to get it to work with OS390 indexer :(

However, it is just a quick copy to a dataset and off to ARSLOAD to get it moving...unless of course you are dealing with poorly formatted data and crappy carriage control from a Windows platform.
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN