Author Topic: Issue with Document retrieval service  (Read 3020 times)

dmalvi

Issue with Document retrieval service
« on: June 07, 2016, 02:16:47 AM »
Hi,
i have observed inconsistent behaviour with ODWEK document retrieval service. The issue is intermittent wherein, for document download request, retrieval fails with below mentioned ODWEK error.
However on more attempts, i am able to able to retrieve the same document.
Could you please guide me on this.

Method : getDocument(WebApplicationContext applicationContext,GetDocumentRequest getDocumentRequestVO) Error executing content request against On-Demand. RequestType- DocumentRequest ErrMsg-Error occured during the process method in GetDocumentTask Message : Unable to restore hit from DocID Cause : null
com.ibm.edms.od.ODException: Unable to restore hit from DocID
        at com.ibm.edms.od.ODFolder.recreateHit(ODFolder.java:2022)

We have checked trace logs and found the below error.

ERROR ars3wapi.C(6459)Java_com_ibm_edms_od_ArsWWWInterface_apiGetInfoFromDocid:Current state rtn.RC=9 extId=0 pMsg=Unable to restore hit from DocID

It is not happening for all , but in some of the cases we have seen this.

Please find the below version details.

CMOD – 9.0
ODWEK - 9.0
OS – Linux red hat RHEL6.5
Fix Pack –9.0
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:45:05 AM by dmalvi »

ibat

Re: Issue with Document retrieval service
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 05:27:46 AM »
That usually means the docid was altered for some reason. ex: it was sent through some URI request to a browser and special characters were altered.
If you check the docid from the search and compare it to the one when you try to retrieve it I is probably different.

dmalvi

Re: Issue with Document retrieval service
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 02:50:32 PM »
Thanks,

however We are passing docid through a Java Object, is there any possibility that it could be altered somewhere?
we do the base 64 encoding of the docid , I have checked after decoding it and document was present for the that docid.