Author Topic: LDAP  (Read 3360 times)

JimWilson

LDAP
« on: January 11, 2008, 02:52:03 PM »
I do not know anything about Active Directory or LDAP
I am trying to setup OnDemand 8.4 to use LDAP, connecting to a Windows 2003 server using Active Directory.
I can't seem to find any setup documentation on this.
Can anyone tell me if this is even possible "compatible with each other"?
If this is possible please try to explain in layman?s terms how to set it up

teeraw

Re: LDAP
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:24:20 PM »
I'm wondering that nobody reply you since Jan-2008. ^^"

I'm facing with same mission as you. I must configure the OD 8.4 to authenticate with AD 2003. It has few information that described on Redbook SG24-6915-02 OnDemand Guide that released on Dec 2007. But I still cannot completed it because OD still cannot use password that store on AD. I'm opening the PMR with IBM support. I've applied latest fixpack 8.4.0.3

This book describe steps to configure OD Server on UNIX platform to integrate LDAP at /usr/lpp/ars/config/ars.cfg file. But when you use OD Win Server, you must configure those parameters by Configurator.

LDAP server to connect to    (Domain controller machine such as LDAPSERVER.company.co.th)
Port on LDAP server to use   (can leave blank to use default 389)
Distinguished name tree base   (Where is OD lookup the users in LDAP tree such as cn=Users,dc=company,dc=co,dc=th)
Which distinguished name to bind (Enter your LDAP user that you create in AD to bind with OD such as cmodbind)
Which attribute is bound   (Attribute in AD that you use for binding such as cn)

If you completed it, please tell me. Hope to hear from you.