Author Topic: ODWEK for 32bit platform  (Read 4630 times)

cwkong8

ODWEK for 32bit platform
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:09:37 AM »
Hi all,

I wonder if ODWEK is supported on 32bit windows. The thing is when I installed the odwek on a 64bit windows, I did find the x86 files such as ars3wapi32.dll and lib32/.

But the installer cannot be run on a 32bit platform (I tried it on a Win7 32 bit with no success).

So, how could the 32bit dll be used by a user with 32 bit windows anyway?

From the readme.txt of odwek package, I found the following which seems to hint that Windows 7 (32 bit) is supported:
3) OnDemand Testing Environment
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This following is a list of the environments in which IBM tested the
   latest Release/PTF.

JVM:
       Java 1.6 (32 and 64 bit)

AIX:
       AIX 6.1 TL7

HP-UX Itanium:
       HP-UX V11i v3

Sun:
       Sun Solaris V10 Update 9

Windows:
       Windows - 2008, XP SP3, Vista, and Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit)

Linux:
       RedHat - Linux RedHat (RHEL) 5 U6
       SuSE   - Linux SUSE (SLES) 10.3

Linux on System z:
       RedHat - Linux RedHat (RHEL) release 5 U6
       SuSE   - Linux SUSE (SLES) 10.3

-----------------end of OnDemand Testing Environment---------------------------

Best regards,
Conrad

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ODWEK for 32bit platform
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 03:46:26 PM »
Well, the idea is that you are using a JAVA 32bit instead of 64bit.
And in that case, you will need the dll for 32bit.

It has nothing to do with Windows/linux/unix/...
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

cwkong8

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 11:55:55 PM »
Thanks for your reply. So, I have developed everything in 32 bit. And how am I supposed to ask my client to install on a 32 bit platform? I can't find the 32 bit installer of ODWEK. So, how will my target user, using a 32 bit OS machine, can make use of my 32 bit Java ODWEK-enabled application as his 32 bit OS machine won't be able to run the 64 bit installer?

What I am curious is that if ODWEK support both 32 bit and 64 bit platform, then isn't it make sense that I there should be a 32 bit installer? Or am I missing something here?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 06:24:35 AM »
Thanks for your reply. So, I have developed everything in 32 bit. And how am I supposed to ask my client to install on a 32 bit platform? I can't find the 32 bit installer of ODWEK. So, how will my target user, using a 32 bit OS machine, can make use of my 32 bit Java ODWEK-enabled application as his 32 bit OS machine won't be able to run the 64 bit installer?

What I am curious is that if ODWEK support both 32 bit and 64 bit platform, then isn't it make sense that I there should be a 32 bit installer? Or am I missing something here?

ODWEK installs automatically both 32 and 64bits, you cannot choose and pick.

If you have developped everything in 32bit, then you need to ask your customer to install the Java 32bit, and ODWEK, and configure your configuration files, and that should be it.
Normally the ODWEK installer should be 32bit. That way it works on both 32 and 64bit OS.
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

cwkong8

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 08:56:05 PM »
I know the 64 bit installer installs both 32bit and 64 bit ODWEK.
My question is: how can my user run the 64 bit installer on a 32 bit machine?

It would be of great help if you could share some lights on where I could find the 32 bit installer for my client to run on their 32 bit machine.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 12:59:04 AM »
I know the 64 bit installer installs both 32bit and 64 bit ODWEK.
My question is: how can my user run the 64 bit installer on a 32 bit machine?

It would be of great help if you could share some lights on where I could find the 32 bit installer for my client to run on their 32 bit machine.

I said that the installer was 32bit, and not 64bits.

Now maybe they have changed that with CMOD V9.5.

If not, then you need to open a PMR ask IBM.

Unofficially, at least on Unix, with Windows all the registry and OLE/DDE/... I have no idea, never had to handle it (thanks god....). what you can do it simply install it on a 64bit system and copy to a directory to the 32bit target system.
Well with Unix/Linux, this is easy :-) they don't have anymore 32bits since a looooong time!!! :-)
Alessandro Perucchi

cwkong8

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »
Do you know where to find the ODWEK installer? So I can see if there are separately 32bit and 64bit installers available

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 10:43:37 AM »
Do you know where to find the ODWEK installer? So I can see if there are separately 32bit and 64bit installers available

From the 9.5.0.6 README file

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27048379&aid=3

Note: The IBM Content Manager OnDemand Server V9.5 server install now
          contains the ODWEK package.

Ed
#zOS #ODF