Author Topic: AFP view failing- T1GMCUSR code page is not found  (Read 4722 times)

lkegel

• View Profile
AFP view failing- T1GMCUSR code page is not found
« on: October 05, 2016, 02:51:47 PM »
We are new to CMOD and have a need to load AFP files created from GMC Inspire. When we try to view the file using the AFP Workbench tool we are getting repeated 132 errors that the character set is not found C0000001 (example) and then the 1322: The code page 'TIGMCUSR' was not found and defaults.  I found the documentation on how to add it but am trying desperately to figure out how this all translates to the fonts we have and where to start to find the information to plug into the mapping.  What just boggles the mind is the same AFP looks wonderful in several  free AFP viewers.

Has anyone conquered this yet or point me in the right direction to start?

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: AFP view failing- T1GMCUSR code page is not found
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:24:12 AM »
You might want to post the ACIF indexing parameters so we can take a look at them.

In CMOD, when you load a file, you'll want to archive ALL the resources that it takes to display a file (RESTYPE=ALL) -- because they have a habit of getting lost or changed, or having conflicts with other files (ie, codepages or pagedefs with the same name, but different contents).

There are some slides regarding resource management in the Best Practises presentations that I do.  One of these days we'll have to schedule a Webinar.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:24:23 AM »
I'm definitely not a font mapping expert but we've run into this issue frequently with one customer who likes to create their own fonts.
What we've done is basically identify a suitable PC based font that matches, or closely matches, the actual font.
This we add a FGID for if there isn't one (csdef.fnt  near bottom of file)
 eg.  3840=Arial,Modern,MED,0

Next we add the charset (top of csdef.fnt)
 eg.   C?AR08NP=3840,80,73,0,0

? is a wildcard.  This will use the Arial FGID to represent the font with height of 80, width of 73, no strikeover and no underline.  Again we've had to play with height and width to get the font to look correctly on the form.

As for code page (cpdef.fnt) we've only had to define three of those.
Two were easy by simply defining it to use the code page id of 37.  eg T1OMNI=37,ANSI 

The third code page was a nightmare as I had to find the nearest matching code page using the old *.cp files that used to come with the clients then write an output exit that changed the remaining codes that didn't match to match those in the code page.

My suggestion would be to start with TIGMCUSR=37,ANSI in cpdef.fnt and then work with csdef.fnt definitions to get it to display correctly.

Hope this helps a bit.

lkegel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 09:39:20 AM »
Thank you! we will give that a try and see where it takes us.  I appreciate the start in the right direction and will provide an update.

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 02:14:18 AM »
Thank you! we will give that a try and see where it takes us.  I appreciate the start in the right direction and will provide an update.

Looking at the error you mentioned, there are 2 possibilities in my opinion.
1. The source system is producing AFPs that are not fully composed. This means they just have a reference to the resource name (code page in this case) in them but not the actual resource. And this resource is not present in the resource library on the CMOD server.
2. The resources are present in the AFP but your indexing parameters are no configured to collect them.

You need to check these and then get the resources from source systems if the AFPs are not fully composed.
Use RESTYPE=ALL otherwise.

Cheers
Pankaj.

lkegel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 10:44:04 AM »
Thank you!
We figured I out!