Author Topic: How to specify Segment when defining Field Information in Application Group  (Read 4441 times)

CMODWiz

• View Profile
Hello CMOD Community,

The IBM CMOD Introduction and Planning Guide SC19-3365-00 for V9R0M0 says "OnDemand requires a segment field for each application group that you define."

"The segment field must be one of" these:  Report Date or the Load Date

Alas, when I create these Fields as Indexes with a Data Type of Date, the Segment box is not highlighted therefore it cannot be checked in order to specify that field as a Segment.

No other fields in this application group have the Segment box checked.  Why am I not being allowed to add the required Segmented field???  :-\

Please reply and tell me how to accomplish this.

Thank you.

CMODWiz

Nolan

• View Profile
Well Wiz, what version of the server and client are you using.  Is your id a full System Admin?

I am able to select any of the following as a segment field.

Date
Date/Time
Date/Time (TZ)
Date (old Style)
Date/Time (old Style)
Date/Time (TZ) (old Style)

Server : 9.0.0.7
Client : 9.5.0.6
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN

CMODWiz

• View Profile
This is the Wiz speaking.

Yes I am a full CMOD System Administrator and we are running CMOD V9R0M0.

The system is running several production applications and I am now developing new applications using the OnDemand Administrative client.

Though I have defined a FIELD named Date_Processed with Type Index and a Data Type of DATE in a new Application Group, the Field Information tab does not allow me to check the Segment box. 

The Log, User Exit, Reference, and Updateable boxes can be checked, though I do not need those.

Why is the Segment box grayed-out, meaning it cannot be checked?  I have no other FIELDs defined with the Segment box checked in this AG, and the manual says at least one FIELD must be defined as Segment.

How can I get the CMOD Administrative client to allow me to check the Segment box for this DATE FIELD?

in corollary, how can I get that FIELD to list as Segment YES in the Summary report?

Signed,

CMODWiz

Greg Ira

• View Profile
There isn't a specific action that would enable the segment field to be avialable.  If there are no other fields selected as segment and the current field is in date format then segment should be available to you.  It sounds to me like something else is amiss in your environment though what that could be escapes me at the moment. 

CMODWiz

• View Profile

Yes, there could be something amiss.  Let me know what that might be.

Our other Application Groups each have one Field that is defined with the Segment option.

For this new Application Group, there are as yet no Applications or Folders created that would use it.  So, there should be nothing in the way.

It makes no difference whether I say "Single load per database table" or "Multiple loads per database table".  Still cannot turn on the Segment option for either of the two Date FIELDs defined in this AG.

I could COPY one of our existing Application Groups, and save it under a new name.  This would provide a Date FIELD with segment turned on.  However, that would mean accepting the FIELD names from that progenitor Application Group, and I would rather create new FIELDs with more appropriate names.  Still, those FIELD names from the progenitor AG could be used, to satisfy the requirements of this new Application, and that is my Plan B if no one has an answer.

Please try this yourself, and let me know if it allows you to check the Segment box.

Signed,

CMODWiz

Nolan

• View Profile
Have you set any other values in the AG?  I can't get it not to work for me.   Try using ARSXML to create the AG.  Perhaps that will give you insight to the issue?
J.

#zOS #AIX #Windows #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #TSM #ODF #zODF #ODWEK
#CapacityPlanning #AFP #ReportDistribution
#Finance #ICN

Greg Ira

• View Profile
I tried a number of different things to recreate this.  The only way I could get it to act similarly was to define and save the AG without the segment then open the AG for update and add a date field.  It looks like once the AG is saved without a segment defined it can't be added after the fact.

CMODWiz

• View Profile
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Team,

Yes, I used Greg Ira's suggestion, and it is true. 

I deleted the bad AG, and created a new one.  I was able to define the chosen Date field as a Segment right at the outset, before ever saving that new AG.

This resolves my issue.

Thank you all!

Signed,

CMODWiz

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Glad to see this got resolved so quickly.  This isn't a z/OS specific problem, so I'm going to move it to the Windows Client board.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR