Author Topic: Client Software Locking up  (Read 5699 times)

JimWilson

Client Software Locking up
« on: December 12, 2006, 05:53:45 AM »
Hi all,

I am having a problem with the OnDemand client software.
First off we are running Windows Server 2000 SP4, DB2 Content Manager OnDemand v7.1.2.3. DB2 v8.1.6.755. Windows XP Desktops running OnDemand Client v7.1.2.3.
We started having a problem with the Clients just locking up when you are retrieving a report. You have to go to Task Manager and end the tack ?it says it is running, but I have let it sit there for 10 minutes without anything coming back?. This is random, different reports, different times of the day, different users.
Start a new session and everything is fine for a while.
This started happening when we switched from workgroups to a Domain, and switched all of our desktop computers from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.
I thought we might have too many users trying to use OnDemand since we are on a Domain now. We upgraded our Licenses to 300. This did not help.
I went into the Configurator | Instance and under Server (Advanced Options) | Number of Data Base Servers, I changed it from 10 to 20. This did not help either.
I have downloaded OnDemand Client v7.1.2.8 and installed it on a few computers, again this has not helped. ?Server is still at v7.1.2.3?
Has anyone run into a situation like this with the OnDemand Windows Client locking up?
Can anyone point me to something to change or look for?

Please let me know if you need anymore information.
I need to get this fixed before the end users hang me.

Thanks,
Jim Wilson

cmballer35

• View Profile
Re: Client Software Locking up
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 11:08:04 AM »
Jim, I experience the same thing from time to time and others that use Ondemand.  You could email Terry Brown who helped develop this software at terry@carolallenconsulting.com and he might be of some assistance.  Thanks!

M.Engelland

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 01:48:32 AM »
Hi Jim,

we're using OnDemand Client 7.1.2.9 (WinXP and CITRIX Metaframe) with OnDemand MP 7.1.2.9 (AIX) and also get sporadically trouble with the client lockup without perceivable reason. Killing of process arsgui32.exe (task manager) is our way out, rather this is a very unsatisfying method. Do you have found out, how to solve this problem in a more convenient manner ? Thanks for any advice.

kindly regards
Matthias Engelland

Steve Bechtolt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 12:46:42 PM »
You might want to try the 8.4.0.2 client. I haven't seen this problem since installing the 8.4.0.2 client . We're running AIX 5.2 CMOD 7.1.2.10
Steve Bechtolt
IBM Certified Solutions Expert - IBM Content Management - OnDemand Multiplatform
ERM as a Service - DXC Technology